jDownloads version 4 Stable
- The range of functions is almost identical to the previous version 3.9
- New functions will probably only be added later in version 4.1
Please note the following information
- It is not possible to upgrade directly from the much older version 3.2.x to version 4! In such cases, it is always necessary to upgrade to version 3.9 first. Only then can an update to version 4 be carried out.
- If you want to update an existing jDownloads installation 3.9.x to version 4, please watch this PDF tutorial first:
- If the update attempt is aborted with a message about corrupt DB tables, please read the instructions here to solve the problem.
- Also, always make a complete backup before updating!
- As always, we accept no liability for any data loss.
- If you find and report a bug, we aim to fix it as quickly as possible. This will be helped when reporting a bug to give relevant details so we are able to reproduce the problem.
Our special thanks go to the many users who had signed up to participate in the extensive testing.
Developers whose Joomla extensions support jDownloads in any way, or have developed their own plugins or modules for this purpose, must rework their extensions a little bit to be compatible with jDownloads 4.
All notable changes to the jDownloads series 4.0 project will be documented in this notes.
The newest changelog is always at the top!
## [4.0.30] - 2023-08-29
jDownloads 4.0.30 stable release published.
- Frontend: Filtering, searching or anything else in the 'Downloads' modal window for the content button plugin was not possible.
## [4.0.29] - 2023-08-15
jDownloads 4.0.29 stable release published.
- Backend: Move Downloads to other categories incl. the assigned files
- Frontend: When searching in the frontend (smart search), visitors were also shown results from other user groups.
- Frontend: 'Hidden text' feature for special user groups in system plugin.
- Frontend: 'Survey' form send now also correct email data when mass downloads option is use.
- Frontend: Access correction for Downloads to which only single users have been assigned access.
- Frontend: jDownloads sef route (will be overworked completely in next release).
- Frontend: It was possible to give ratings for downloads, although there was no permission to download.
- Backend: Long columns identifier shortened for user groups page in backend.
- Backend: Copying Downloads to other categories incl. the assigned files. Will now only be executed if no file with the same name already exists in the destination folder.
- Backend: Move Downloads to other categories incl. the assigned files. Will now only be executed if no file with the same name already exists in the destination folder.
- Backend: The warning if the required default menu item for 'All categories' is not available is now additionally displayed on the categories and downloads pages!
## [4.0.28] - 2023-06-15
jDownloads 4.0.28 stable release published.
- Frontend: 'View User Limits' Module and View 'user limits' part in summary page (see www.jdownloads.com/forum)
- Frontend: Edit form. Concerns the tab labelling for self-defined data fields
## [4.0.27] - 2023-05-09
jDownloads 4.0.27 stable release published.
- Backend: Error when tried to add new found directory or file to the database (via monitoring function / scan.php). See https://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=13958.0
- Backend: CSS class for the buttons in the note about the current 'user permission settings' corrected
- Frontend: Error 'Passing null to parameter' in download details view (PHP >= 8.0)
- When upgrading from 3.9, the 'publish_down' field in #__jdownloads_files could still contain incorrect values (0000-00-00 00:00:00). This will be corrected with the installation of this version. See https://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=13965.0
- Backend: Some links to the documentation corrected.
## [4.0.26] - 2023-04-14
jDownloads 4.0.26 stable release published.
- Problem with jDownloads versions check
## [4.0.25] - 2023-04-14
jDownloads 4.0.25 stable release published.
- Custom fields was not displayed in the download details page (see: https://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=13951.0)
- Button layout in frontend edit form (https://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=13952.0)
- Custom fields were only displayed in the frontend edit form if the option for a tabbed form view was enabled
- Information about an existing newer version was not displayed in the jDownloads backend control panel
- Admin stats module (see: https://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=13943.0)
- Some backend help links
- A few descriptions in the language files
## [4.0.24] - 2023-04-07
jDownloads 4.0.24 stable release published.
- It was not possible to download a file if a Downloads layout without checkboxes was activated
- Small fix in admin_stats_module
## [4.0.23] - 2023-04-06
jDownloads 4.0.23 stable release published.
- Correct update from version > 22.214.171.124 was impossible
## [4.0.22] - 2023-04-05
jDownloads 4.0.22 stable release published.
- Checkbox user hints in frontend
- Checkbox 'mass' downloads feature. ZipArchive class could not be found (reported by ColinM).
- Abort the output process when we have no valid Downloads to view. Possibly because a user has logged in or logged out of the Summary page
- 'Associations' was lost when categories edited in backend (reported by ColinM). See https://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=13933.0
- The header area was missing in the Downloads view page
- Hints about update problems with jDownloads tables
- Help links to documentation articles (updated by ColinM)
## [4.0.21] - 2023-03-21
jDownloads 4.0.21 beta release published.
- invalid return_page URL when edit or create Download in frontend
- 'Mydownloads' view and multilanguage
and some other small fixes
## [4.0.20] - 2023-03-11
jDownloads 4.0.20 beta release published.
- Language Files: Messages for hints about newer version
- Language Files: Small "Aria" part to describe the download button
- Language Files: Button text for 'Hide rules info'
- Language Files: Missing warning message added when GD Library not exist on server
- Backend: Retrieve information about a possible newer jD version from the server and show a hint when we have found it
- Backend: 'Accessibility' Check button in download edit page
- Backend: Missing default file symbol
- Backend: It can now be deactivated the warning message about 'generell download permission' in Control panel
- Replaced the titles from the jD backend admin modules with the right content from language file
- Router corrections for multilanguage websites
- Edit Download in frontend (also for multilingual websites)
- Wrong variable identifier use for 'featured' css class
- if a download (with photo) was inserted in articles with the help of the content plugin
- Modules: texts with HTML tags were shown in 'tooltips'
- Some small corrections for PHP 8.1 and 8.2
- Problem when a software license must be confirmed
- If the jDownloads component or other parts were deactivated (due to incompatibility with Joomla 4), they had to be reactivated at the end of the update process to prevent an error message when first called up
- Deleting an old 3.2 tags fix plugin version was incorrect. Instead of this plugin, the newly installed plugin was removed again!Deleting an old 3.2 tags fix plugin version was incorrect. Instead of this plugin, the newly installed plugin was removed again!
- Wrong variable identifier used in Frontend 'All Downloads' page
- The module "Tree" did not always show the category tree, but was empty
- Language Files: Not longer required parts deleted
- Language Files: Small correction for an options description
- CSS class for 'Back' button
- Backend: default file symbol (mime type) from zip.png to unknown.png
## [4.0.18] - 2023-03-02
jDownloads 4.0.18 beta release published.
Changelog see 4.0.20
## [4.0.17] - 2023-02-14
jDownloads 4.0.17 beta release published.
- column selection box in backend list pages like the same in Joomla
- the support for the JComments 4 extension. Also the required jDownloads comments plugin would be overworked
- special new hint about the default permission setting for Download action.
- small CSS correction for frontend layouts (missing spaces)
- issue with Tree module
- issue with the ReportModel
- small language text corrections. Required for the column selection box
- the 'root_dir' param should now have after reset or import the same value as 'files_uploaddir'
- the installation part removed in the previous pre-beta, which stored the default download rights in the assets table for the component level, has now been added back
## [4.0.16] - 2023-02-02
First public beta release published.