News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

limited upload view

Started by Ta, 25.02.2016 12:48:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Ta

I've read the dox on how to go about this however I don't seem to get it right.

I have lots download categories the permission are fine  however I want to limit each user when uploading the files on the front end to only view the category they are in( the access level they are logged on) not to view all the categories /downloads as it is now. I already have assigned users on al the access levels that  I have previously created.

Please if you can point me to the right direction on how to get this right.

Edit by admin (many empty lines removed)
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I will try to help.  I understand that you only want members of say User Group "123" to see and download those Downloads that have category "tyui" say as their parent, or grandparent or great grand parent etc.  Is that correct?  These would be what I would call the 'key' top level Categories.

Further you do not want users to be able to see any other Download.  Of course if  a user is a member of more than one UG then they can see several sets of Downloads.

This type of problem is usually a Joomla! setup of View Access Levels and Permissions.  One of the things in Joomla! are the implied User Groups (UGs).  So if a user belongs to say UG qaz and qaz has UG wsx as its parent then the users in UG qaz are also members of UG wsx, and so on to the grandfather etc.

Could you please describe your jD Category structure.  I would imagine that you have all the 'key' Categories as top level categories.

Colin
It might be necessary for me to have Super User access details sent by PM of course in order to properly understand.

C
Colin M
  •