News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

placeholder {file_name} results in repeats. - [Fixed in 3.9.8.4]

Started by Tazzios, 14.08.2022 12:37:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazzios

when using the tag{file_name} in a download layout it will do a partly repeat the file display. see attachment or in real life: http://marijqg132.132.axc.nl/demopdfviewer/downloads

It started with the update from 3.9.8.3.2 to 3.9.8.3.4 , if i can recall my previous version correctly. I looked if i could downgrade for testing but i cannot find previous versions.

ColinM

Tazzios,
Seems this is pdfjs specific
One of the changes was corrected actions on Download button and title/image for Downloads to be consistent when Download is with/without a file and depending if Download has or has not a 'License Agree or Password or view Captcha'
See the documentation
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/options-configuration-v3-9/a-tutorial-on-the-frontend-options#download-sequence
Colin
Ps will send a PM shortly.
Colin M
  •  

Tazzios

it also happens if i only have add{file_name} to the layout without anything of my pdfviewer plugin placeholder.
I did not try a clean joomla with only jdownloads, but i can reproduce this problem on 4 different site and hostings.

ColinM

Tazios,
You are right - I have reproduced this problem It is defineitlt {file_name} that causes it.  {file_name_title is OK.
As you suggest I will go back to jD3.9.8.2 to see if occurred then.
Will put this into Bugs
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi,
please try for the moment the attached file from the prior version below.
Upload the unzipped file via FTP to this frontend folder: components/com_jdownloads/views/category/tmpl/ and overwrite the original file.

We will try to fix this very quickly with the next version.

File removed. Please try the other below.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Hi,
here is the next try.

Upload the unzipped file via FTP to this frontend folder: components/com_jdownloads/views/category/tmpl/ and overwrite the original file.

Bug fixed in version 3.9.8.4 (shall be published tomorrow).
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •