News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

placeholder {file_name} results in repeats. - [Fixed in 3.9.8.4]

Started by Tazzios, 14.08.2022 12:37:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazzios

when using the tag{file_name} in a download layout it will do a partly repeat the file display. see attachment or in real life: http://marijqg132.132.axc.nl/demopdfviewer/downloads

It started with the update from 3.9.8.3.2 to 3.9.8.3.4 , if i can recall my previous version correctly. I looked if i could downgrade for testing but i cannot find previous versions.

ColinM

Tazzios,
Seems this is pdfjs specific
One of the changes was corrected actions on Download button and title/image for Downloads to be consistent when Download is with/without a file and depending if Download has or has not a 'License Agree or Password or view Captcha'
See the documentation
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/options-configuration-v3-9/a-tutorial-on-the-frontend-options#download-sequence
Colin
Ps will send a PM shortly.
Colin M
  •  

Tazzios

it also happens if i only have add{file_name} to the layout without anything of my pdfviewer plugin placeholder.
I did not try a clean joomla with only jdownloads, but i can reproduce this problem on 4 different site and hostings.

ColinM

Tazios,
You are right - I have reproduced this problem It is defineitlt {file_name} that causes it.  {file_name_title is OK.
As you suggest I will go back to jD3.9.8.2 to see if occurred then.
Will put this into Bugs
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi,
please try for the moment the attached file from the prior version below.
Upload the unzipped file via FTP to this frontend folder: components/com_jdownloads/views/category/tmpl/ and overwrite the original file.

We will try to fix this very quickly with the next version.

File removed. Please try the other below.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Hi,
here is the next try.

Upload the unzipped file via FTP to this frontend folder: components/com_jdownloads/views/category/tmpl/ and overwrite the original file.

Bug fixed in version 3.9.8.4 (shall be published tomorrow).
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •