News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Recent posts

General / Re: Bulk import/create hundred...
Last post by ColinM - 03.04.2024 14:11:16
Hi
Which versions of jD, Joomla and PHP are you using?  Will they be the same on the new site?

The basic way is to use the jD Check Download Area.  Being very cautious I would
I would suggest using FTP to copy over the contents of the old site jdownloads directory to the new site jdownloads file. Actually just copy over a section of the Folders and their Downloads to avoid timeouts, then use the Check Download Area - "Search Only for new directories". Next use the "Search only for new Files" Do not attempt to do all in one hit, just be patient

Make backups first just in case!!
See Monitoring Options

Colin
General / Re: Storing the Upload directo...
Last post by Lorange - 03.04.2024 13:36:41
OK, thank you for the reply.
General / Re: Storing the Upload directo...
Last post by ColinM - 03.04.2024 13:32:13
Hi
Yes it is possible to set a new 'base' location in jD Options-Path Settings tab 'Upload directory path' but this needs to be carefully tested.

Perhaps a better way is setting up .htaccess files and the like as described in article How can I protect my Download folders
General / Storing the Upload directory o...
Last post by Lorange - 02.04.2024 20:24:21
Hi,

Is it possible to set the 'Upload directory path' (Path settings) outside the web root (and move the folder accordingly)? Or will that create issues with the component (ex: preview files, temporary zip files, etc.)?

Thank you.
General / Bulk import/create hundreds of...
Last post by Lorange - 02.04.2024 18:26:20
Hallo!

I have hundreds of categories and subcategories that I need to create in my new project, each with a title and description. Is there a way to import and create them automatically, for example with a csv file?

I already have the csv file ready with all the categories. Each category has the following elements;

1) Category name (title)
2) Category description
3) Category Alias
4) Parent categoriy Alias (used to identifiy the parent category)

Thank you for your help.
Bugs! / Re: Fehler bei direktem Link z...
Last post by Arno - 01.04.2024 09:59:14
Quote from: patbe60 on 27.03.2024 17:45:29Hallo Arno

Leider besteht das Problem immer noch. Die Fehlermeldungen bleiben dieselben. Ich bin ratlos.

Meine Konfiguration:
Joomla 5.0.3
jDownloads: 4.0.41
php: 8.1.27
DB: 10.5.24-MariaDB
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately the problem still exists. The error messages remain the same. I'm at a loss.

Hallo,
die Fehlermeldungen bringt hier nichts, da es kein Fehler sondern ein Problem mit der Zugriffsberechtigung ist und die Seite deshalb nicht erstellt werden darf/kann.

Leider bin ich mit nicht sicher, ob ich es mit im November wirklich angesehen hatte. Möglicherweise war das untergegangen. Ich schreib es also noch einmal auf meine Liste.

Welche Art von Link genau benutzt du denn, wenn du von "direkt" schreibst? 

Du solltest in deinem Fall niemals den direkten Link mit dem "download.send" Teil benutzen, sondern den zur Download Beschreibung im Download Archiv (wie: https://www.jdownloads.com/index.php/downloads/download/6-jdownloads/70-jdownloads-4.html)

Hello,
the error messages do not help here, as it is not an error but a problem with the access authorisation and the page therefore may/can not be created.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure whether I really looked at it in November. Maybe it was lost. So I'll add it to my list again.

What kind of link exactly are you using when you say "direct"?

In your case you should never use the direct link with the "download.send" part, but the one to the download description in the download archive (like: https://www.jdownloads.com/index.php/downloads/download/6-jdownloads/70-jdownloads-4.html)  
Bugs! / Re: Not possible to view docum...
Last post by Arno - 01.04.2024 09:47:49
Hi,
In this case, you probably have an error in the structure of the access rights for the menu items or categories of jDownloads.

Examples of a correct structure can be found, for example, here and here in the documentation.

Here is a link to the jDownloads menu types:
https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation/menu-items-v3-9/menus-overview-details
Bugs! / Not possible to view documents
Last post by rbuelund - 01.04.2024 09:30:23
I have categories which are set too Access:registered - but registered users can still not see the documents in the categories ?? I can only see them when I log in as admin ??
Last post by ColinM - 27.03.2024 23:45:39
Hi
You could try having another "Show all categories (default)" menu item that is hidden.
"To create links to Downloads and categories, it is essential to create a jDownloads 'List all Categories' menu item in the main menu. You may make the menu item hidden if you wish."
To hide a menu item click on the Link Type tab and set the option 'Display in Menu' to No"
-----------------------------------------
Sie könnten versuchen, einen anderen Menüpunkt ,,Alle Kategorien anzeigen (Standard)" auszublenden.
,,Um Links zu Downloads und Kategorien zu erstellen, ist es wichtig, einen jDownloads-Menüpunkt ,,Alle Kategorien auflisten" im Hauptmenü zu erstellen. Sie können den Menüpunkt auf Wunsch ausblenden."
Um einen Menüpunkt auszublenden, klicken Sie auf die Registerkarte ,,Linktyp" und setzen Sie die Option ,,Im Menü anzeigen" auf ,,Nein".

Colin 
Last post by patbe60 - 27.03.2024 17:45:29
Hallo Arno

Leider besteht das Problem immer noch. Die Fehlermeldungen bleiben dieselben. Ich bin ratlos.

Meine Konfiguration:
Joomla 5.0.3
jDownloads: 4.0.41
php: 8.1.27
DB: 10.5.24-MariaDB
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately the problem still exists. The error messages remain the same. I'm at a loss.