News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Permissions Again [Solved]

Started by rpp, 10.11.2014 18:21:26

Previous topic - Next topic

rpp

I've been reading and testing similar permission threads with no success yet.  I am attempting to add a pdf file manually by dragging and dropping it into a folder manually.  This allows the pdf file to be seen and appears after a refresh, but it is not inheriting the permissions set in both the component global config permissions and the category permissions above it.

Also, I have tried adding a new file through the Jdownloads interface into a category with "download" permissions for the category set but still does not retain download.  When a user tries to view the file it says only registered users can download.  We are hoping there is a way to do this without having to enable the "download" for each file after the fact.

Sorry if this was answered somewhere else, I've tried multiple solutions but have not been able to have success.  I can give someone site permissions if it is needed.

Thank you in advance!
  •  

djwabbz

I had the same issues, were the download was not following the access rights that the category's have.  and I believe a fix is in progress, for the next release. how I fixed it was like this...

when setting up a category give it a name, then hit save, in the same window scroll down to make sure that category has the correct access rights, if not change them. Then uploaded all the files into the category I just made and scan. when the files are seen, they do not have the correct access rights, so I then go into the database and run a sql command to enable download for all registered members of the site.

UPDATE `xxx_assets`
SET rules = '{"core.create":[],"core.delete":[],"core.edit":[],"core.edit.state":[],"core.edit.own":[],"download":{"2":2}}'
WHERE `name` LIKE '%jdownloads.download%'

This works if you want registered members to be allowed to download. but you would have to change the xxx to your own database prefix. I would only recommend this way if you have lots of downloads, if you only have a few, just do each one manually, or wait for the fix. Hope this helps  ;D
  •  

Arno

Hi,
the auto monitoring function has a bug.
So are currently only for new categories correctly set the permissions from parents.
Not for new added 'downloads'. But this bug is fixed today and will be a part from the next beta 3.2.16. This should be published very soon (i hope tomorrow).
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ikvat

Hi folks
Firstly, thx for the enormous job you do.
I use jDownloads Version 3.2.18 Beta. I moved 1044 files from a previous jDownloads version (1.9) to the new one. Like said above, permission's changing are inefficient for me too.
Did you find a solution for this problem? Or am i obliged to change each files handly?
Thx
  •  

Arno

Hi,
you should wait 24 hours.
The permission problem is solved and we will published tomorrow (in the evening) the next (fixed) version 3.2.19.  ;)

When you will test it earlier, i will send you tomorrow a pre-version via e-mail.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ikvat

It's a superbe news. I'm ok for the test.  ;)
Thx
  •  

ikvat

Hi folks and merry christmas. I hope christmas father has been generous for you.  :D
I noticed that you freed a new jDownloads release. What do it improve?
Thx and best regard.

Sorry i just read this post http://www.jdownloads.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=150

I'm gonna test
  •  

ikvat

Hi again.
The 3.2.19 Beta correction works, but only for categorys or files i have manually modified the status once before. Those who never has been touched, remain with the inherited status.
I have taken a look with debug mod and i noticed that hundreds of files were missing 800/1000. after an investigation in the database, i have noticed that the missing files are set on 0 in asset_id field (in _jdownloads_files table). I dunno if there is a relation. Is there a way rebuilding asset_id field?
  •  

Arno

Hi,
in version 3.2.19 is solved the permission problems.
But this is only for new created categories or downloads.
When you will correct items in jD which was created before this fix, you can start a new 'reset' function on the Tools page from jD.
I have taken a look with debug mod and i noticed that hundreds of files were missing 800/1000.
You have imported this items from a prior version? Have you observed the update instructions in the documentation? Was the update process normally finished?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

ikvat

yes, i imported them from a previous version and yes, as far as i can remember, i followed the instructions given on your document center. If i clearly copy you,  unfortunately, i have to correct them one by one.

For the "debug mod" problem, it was due to the creation's date. All those who have been created before 2013 were problematic.
Thx for your help.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
sorry but i can not understand what exactly you have done, to get as result this problems. Your given informations are also very small. So it is not possible for me reproduce your problems here.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

ikvat

(I solved the debug mod problem by changing the files creation's date)

It's hard to explain and my english is not as solid as i would wish.
I started to create a download center for opera librettos in 2013, 1040 files for being precise. For a better classification, i created 26 categorys (one by letters) and 251 sub-category for composers.
For personnal reason, I stopped this harsh job without finishing it completely during more than one year. Files were not all activated, published and put on the right categorys/sub-categorys.
I restarted this job recently. I began by transfering a proper jdownload backup from joomla 2 to joomla 3 by following your guide (without problem). After that, i finished my classification and publication job (but without changing permissions), thinking that it could be done later.
As said before, i only can chage persissions manually now.
I hope my explication will help.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
jD versions 2.5.19 & 3.2.19 now have cascading permissions when you create a new category or download.  Arno is putting in some tools to assiost existing installations to be able to 'cean up'
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi ikvat,
can you send me a link and login data for your backend via PM?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

ikvat

Thx Arno for your help, but i already made the job (it wasn't a piece of cake).
  •