News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Embed list of Downloads in Category with direct links

Started by guest35517, 19.03.2018 10:46:02

Previous topic - Next topic

guest35517

Hi there!
I'm trying to get a list of files/downloads from a category with direct links to the files itself - so when I embed the module I'll get a list of Filename 1, Filename 2, etc directly linking to downloads/send/category/filename and nothing else - I tried creating a sperate menu and all jdownloads modules, but all they do is create a link to the things I want. I need to show the files one step earlier, not on the jdownloads page, is there a way to achieve that?

Right now I have a manual list of downloads, but the names/versions change so the files need to be renamed aswell, which isn't very practical.

Best regards, M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Have you thought of using the jD Content Plugin? It can show the list of Downloads in a specified category in articles, modules and could also be used in a jD category or Download description.  The layout to be used can also be specified to suit the view you have in mind.
The two articles below might help

http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/overview-and-installation-notes-for-jdownloads-plugins

http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/using-the-content-plugin-in-articles-and-modules

Colin
Colin M
  •  

guest35517

Hey Colin,
thanks for getting back to me so quickly, that looks indeed promising!
I just tried it and for whatever reason I can't get it to work, I've added several files  in TinyMCE
<div>{jd_file file==2}</div>
<div>{jd_file file==1}</div>
<div>{jd_file file==3}</div>
<div></div>
<div>{jd_file category==3}</div>
<div>[jd_file category==2]</div>
<div>{jd_file latest==5}</div>
and enabled the prepare content option, but all it shows in the frontend is {jd_file file==2}
{jd_file file==1}
{jd_file file==3}
etc.

Am I missing something? Other  plugins seem to work that way.

Best regards, Matthias
  •  

ColinM

Hi
That is strange!
Are you sure that the jD Content plugin is enabled in the  Manage Plugins?
Just thought- have you set it Enabled in jD Config Plugins tab, this is normally set  ok by default

You mentioned
Quoteenabled the prepare content option
but there is no such option in the Content - jDownloads plugin!! Maybe you were looking at a different one.

Whilst these should not have any effect could you also test with the jD Config - Frontend tab Fields
Activate support for all Joomla content plugins?  to Yes
Plugin Support only for descriptions?  to No
Please let me know if they made a differerence as they shoud not make a difference!!
Colin
Colin M
  •  

guest35517

Ah you did it, of course the plugin was not enabled in manage plugins (it's called Content - jDownloads, that's why I missed it)

Thanks a lot!
  •