News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Content Plugin Sort Order

Started by Axiom, 05.04.2016 16:53:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Axiom

Hi all,

so there's another thread that describes the problem : http://www.jdownloads.com/index.php/support-forum.html?topic=7646.0

However, the OP only wants to sort by a parameter that is available... and once discovered the thread was closed ::

however, the underlying issue he mentioned is the same I have.

There seems to be no way for content plug in to load files alphabetically - they are actually loaded by the "ordering" column, by the number they received when initially created.

So a file with the the name of "1234" and order number of 256 will load AFTER a file named "ABCD" order number 25.

When i call

{jd_file onlinelayout==My Layout}{jd_file category==ID of Category count==0 for all files}

i get files loading in the order they were made, not alphabetically

files start listing as ABCD and then 1234 as per ordering number - unless i manually renumber their ordering to force the correct alphabetical order of 1234 and then ABCD.

*edited for clarity
  •  

ColinM

Hi
If you go to Config - Front End Tab - field 'Downloads default sort order' you have a choice of many default sort orders, including both alphabetical and reverse alphabetical.
The one you have at the moment is the Downloads Manager Order.

Colin
Colin M
  •