News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Question about a feature

Started by jabba, 04.04.2016 16:15:12

Previous topic - Next topic

jabba

Hello! I've to make an online download area for a magazine. I need that a paying customer (so in a particular Joomla user group) can download the PDF of the magazine only for the numbers he payed for.
I mean:

• - i upload a PDF of the magazine every month
  • - if a user is a paying one he can download the PDF
  • - if a user is NOT a paying one he cannot download anything

Last thing: every paying user can NOT download magazine numbers from the time before he payed (i mean: he pays for february and march months so he CAN NOT download the January PDF).

Is this possible? Thank you!

G.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Having a user pay for a Download is supported.  But getting a certain number of 'back issues' is much more complex.
jDownloads does not include a 'shop' with *** transactions so the cost is usually some tokenised payment that the user pre-purchases.
I presume if a user pays a subscription from a certain date then the user can download the magazine multiple times per month - jD does support limits..

Colin
Colin M
  •