News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

transfer Speed Limit jdownloads not work

Started by 4eng.ir, 08.11.2015 09:27:32

Previous topic - Next topic

4eng.ir

Hi
i set transfer Speed Limit for guest and Registered but its not working
please  see the figs
also waiting time not working :-[ :-[ :-[

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have been looking into this.  First checking the waiting time.  This does work OK.
Please check that you have a no zero ranking for your Guest UG in jD User Groups Settings.  Setting it to 4 would be good

I have done a quick check on the transfer rate control and it does look as if that is not working.  Will check further
EDIT:  Checked, Yes it does work. Confusion between time asking to Save and actual download time.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

4eng.ir

i set guest ranking to 4
but it still does not work an guest can download directly
without delay :'(
also waiting time for register group not working

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
When you say
Quotean guest can download directly
do you mean it starts downloading immediately?  That would be expected if delay time is not active.

Also I think you have AUP in place.  Could you try disabling that (set to NO in jd Config)and seeing if there is an interaction between AUP being active and delay time.

Also did you see Arno's comment that AUP should only be used with Registered Users being able to Download.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Quote from: 4eng.ir on 09.11.2015 05:11:26
i set guest ranking to 4
but it still does not work an guest can download directly
without delay :'(
also waiting time for register group not working
The "Waiting Time" (Counter) needs the summary page. So you can in this case not use the direct download option. Deactivate it.

About speed limit: how have you tested this?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

4eng.ir

OK The "Waiting Time" now worked
tested download speed  with download manager (IDM)
  •  

Arno

Quote from: 4eng.ir on 09.11.2015 12:56:21
tested download speed  with download manager (IDM)
But you are sure that this file was the first time downloaded (so no cache or temporary data could be used) ?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have just re-tested properly!!  It appears to download quickly but that is because it asks for the name to save, and stupidly I thought that meant the end of the download! :(   But I looked at the download progress tracker on Firefox and it was still downloading - It took about 100seconds to download your 3.4Mb file.  The download does not actually start until you give the filename to save it.

My site normally downloads very fast.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

I have used much larger files (>80MB) for my earlier tests. So you can better recognize the difference.  ;)
I think it is not really useful to use the speed limit option when you have only very small files.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •