News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Layout Question

Started by TGoodrich, 30.08.2015 04:45:15

Previous topic - Next topic

TGoodrich

Hi,

I am new to jdownloads and have a question concerning layout.

Is it possible to list categories and files like this:
------------------------------------------------------
Parent Category

Sub Category 1
    File 1
    File 2
    File 3

Sub Category 2
    File 1
    File 2
    File 3

Sub Category 3
    File 1
    File 2
    File 3
------------------------------------------------------

I'm Looking to have something similar to the above on a single page. I know the above can have a hierarchy as the above, I'm just not sure how to display it like that on the frontend. 

Thank you,
TGoodrich
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I think what you are asking for is to show the contents of several categories simultaneously.  This is not straight forward.

The Category and Download structure is just as directories and files. The categories are organised in a tree structure. Thus the jDownloads presentation is the same as that for any tree organised directory structure.  So the type of layout you are seeking is 'challenging' to achieve.  There are various points to consider.  Are the categories (directories) at the same level in the tree?  What happens when one clicks on one of the categories that may contain sub categories? How would the categories be selected.

If you want a compact display then look at the Tree module.  By using the No Number 'Modules Anywhere' extension that display could be included in an article.  I generally use the Tree module at the top of any relevant page.  then I can easily look at any point in the structure and select that to be shown.

Colin
Colin M
  •