News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Show Member Collections

Started by wolfspyryt, 30.07.2015 18:19:59

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfspyryt

I need the ability for visitors, when viewing a "File Detail Page", to be able to click on an uploaders name and view all of that uploaders files. How? Very important!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I understand there are two classes of problem - important ones and other peoples problems! Could be useful but ...

Think trying to get a list of downloads by the same creator is a significant amount of work.  The basis is there in the List My Downloads menu item but to make the Creator name a link is not straightforward.  Amongst other thing it means a Config option.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

wolfspyryt

OK, how about, any means for visitors to view all files by individual uploaders?
  •  

ColinM

Yes that would be simpler.  It could be menu item with a selector box perhaps

Colin
Colin M
  •  

wolfspyryt

Could it somehow be made a tag? Or just something only I could add... like in their Community Builder profile perhaps?
  •  

ColinM

Terry
Using a Tag would be a solution.  The uploader could add the "name" tag when creating the upload, or you could add it later
Colin
Colin M
  •  

wolfspyryt

I have hundreds of uploads, it needs to be automated. How would I do thay? If we can see "My Uploads" how can others see " My Uploads?"
  •  

Dode

I agree that would be a nice addition IMHO too, especially for large photos / sounds banks for example. Ie. clicking on a Creator/Author name and see all its uploads. You can do it via Search, but a direct "link" would be awesome.
  •  

ColinM

OK will think a bit further
One further thought with tags is that they can be added to categpories so that would reduce the editing problem a bit.

Arno has recently released the Related Downloads module and that might help especially if one uses the free NoNumber 'Modules Anywhere' plugin
Documentation is at  http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/related-module

There is some thoughts being given to be able to list downloads by 'owner' where in this context the owner is the creator of the category or categories that contain those downloads..
It would need a selection in the menu item to define if any owner (user) or logged on user only.
http://www.jdownloads.com/index.php/support-forum.html?topic=6217

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Dode

Thanks Colin, but tags or this "related" module has not much to do with the original question here ;-) .
Say i'm browsing a category, and i like a download (photo or sound, or whatever CONTENT), and i want to see all the uploader's Downloads : i can't at the moment, untill going to the Search path (boring).
It's a feature request, nothing crucial, but it would be very usefull for specific uses of JDownloads (.
  •  

Arno

Quote from: wolfspyryt on 30.07.2015 18:19:59
I need the ability for visitors, when viewing a "File Detail Page", to be able to click on an uploaders name and view all of that uploaders files. How? Very important!
Hm... i understand what you mean.
But we have until today not any filter by user id. You have right that we should add this possibility.
But i can you not say a date for this. Our ToDo list is very large...  ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •