News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Error uploading large files. [Not a jDownloads problem]

Started by adriannx, 04.03.2015 02:19:08

Previous topic - Next topic

adriannx

I have configure php.ini on my Panel WHM. I wanna upload 3GB Max frontend and backend. But i get a error,

upload_max_filesize = 3000M
post_max_size = 3000M
max_execution_time = 30000
Memory -1

The changes can be seen.

Now the problem is I can only upload to 400MB in quantity. It seems like joomla ignore the configuration shown in the image.

When I try to upload more than 400MB shows me the following error. I tried with various extensions and all throw me the same error. Of course JDownloasds also..

No longer I dont know how to fix the problem so contact Cpanel support sending a ticket and this is what he replied.

QuoteI'm afraid the error (error: ajax loading) seems to be related to Joomla itself and not cPanel. Unfortunately, cPanel Support is unable to troubleshoot CMS Related errors.

I highly recommend searching and/or posting on the Joomla community forums or support regarding this issue. If the error is on the Joomla Front End, then I suggest contacting the developer of the theme which you are using for Joomla

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

--

Kindest Regards,

Ahmed Samir
Technical Analyst I
cPanel, Inc.

I'm using extensions, RSFirewall, Music Collection, JDownloads, EasySocial, Easydiscuss, Komento, EasyBlog, Akeeba Backup,

Regards!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Very large uploads seem create a problem no matter what, mainly due to a combination of server and php issues! But many people have sorted it out within a jDownloads context.

But if I want to do a large upload I use FTP, FileZilla actually, in binary mode.  Now in jDownloads you turn off Automonitoring in the Config, then upload a file to a category (directory), then do from control panel do a manual monitor.  I suggest you do it first with just one small, by your standards, file.  Then try a larger one, and gradually be more adventurous to build up confidence and to see just how long it takes.  Another technique people have used is to do the transfers on a local PC using Wamp, Xampp or similar as this gets away from server limitations. Then transfer whole site.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

QuoteNow in jDownloads you turn off Automonitoring in the Config, then upload a file to a category (directory), then do from control panel do a manual monitor.
You can it also upload in the jDownloads uploads root folder ('joomla-root/jdownloads/' as default). Afterwards can you select it easy in the jDownloads 'Files' list to create a new 'Download' (see first pic). But you can this file also use in every 'Downloads' editing form (see second pic).

Your upload problem is not really a jDownloads problem.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
If what we do or advise is useful then it is helpful to make a donation towards the site running costs.

Now for large uploads the usual problem is not jDownloads but limitations on the server.  Are you confident to use FTP to transfer data to your server?  If it is a video file then I would use FileZilla for example in binary mode.  Using FTP does not have the problems of php uploads.   

There are multiple methods of adding the resultant uploaded file to make it a Download.  First assume you have uploaded files using FTP in to some place as indicated below

For instance you can upload to the jDownloads uploads root folder ('<your-site>/jdownloads/' as default). Afterwards you can readily select it in the jDownloads 'Files' list to create a new 'Download' (see first pic).

Another way is to use to 'Downloads' and select New.  The form will now list all the files in '<your-site>/jdownloads/'  (see second pic).

Another method is to turn off Automonitoring in Config and then upload a file directly to the  category (directory) using FTP or any server control panel facility.  For large file however ftp is safer and far far less prone to any 'transmission' errors, then  from the jDownloads control panel do a manual monitor. 
The Picture sequence shows uploading three files to sub category 'SubB2', which is directory '<your-site>/jdownloads/TopB/SubCatB2/'. 

Whichever method you choose you can then go to the Downloads and edit them to add descriptions, images and previews.

I suggest you do it first with just one ore two small, by your standards, files.  Then try a larger one, and gradually be more adventurous to build up confidence and to see just how long it takes.
Also I suggest that when you have sorted out the details of actually transferring files that you re-post here and we can resolve the next step or steps.

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •