News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Simple document download links

Started by Djinn99, 24.01.2015 18:46:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Djinn99

Hi,

I can't find the way to make a list of direct links to download files : I made a JDownload Top module that shows the list of the files but when I click on one of them I'm first redirected to the category page.

This is not necessary for me. I don't need any intermediate category or detail page for the document.

I just want that the document gets directly downloaded when I click on it. Isn't it possible ?  ???

Thanks for your help
  •  

Arno

Hi.
QuoteIsn't it possible ?
Is possible but not sure whether also in the module. Check here also the module settings for the created download link.

See the pics.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Djinn99

Hi,

Thanks for your reply ! I don't have the parameter "Activate direct-download link" like you show in your picture, and also not the possibility the choose the 'File title as a Download link". I could only deactivate to be redirected to a detail page after the category page but that's all.

Which module of JDownload are you using ?

Thx
  •  

Arno

This are global settings from the jDownloads configuration. Not from the module.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Djinn99

I have 3 JDownload modules : "JDownload Top", "Latest" and "Last Updated".
I looked at the parameters of the three of them but no one has the direct download-link parameter you showed  :(
  •  

Arno

You can nothing does with this module when you have not also the component jDownloads!
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Djinn99

I have the component JDownload.

Indeed I was not looking at the right place the first time but now I found the settings you said in the JDownload component configuration Tab but it still doesn't work :

1) TAB Downloads -> Activate direct-downloading? YES
2) TAB Frontend -> View Download detail page? NO
                      -> Use files title as download link? YES

Do you have the free version of JDownload also or is it a paid one?
  •  

Arno

You must at first try the settings result in the downloads area from jDownloads in the frontend.
When here are all files directly loaded, you can check and test the module links.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

I have it now self tested and it seems, that the links in the module can go currently only to the 'Category' or to the 'Downloads' details page.
So it is not possible in the moment for the module...  :-\
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Djinn99

Yes unfortunately...It's a pitty
Thanks anyway for your help !
  •  

Arno

Maybe can we add this functionality in the next module version...
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Djinn99

This should be great thanks !!
Have a nice day
  •