News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

[Solved] "Search Only In"

Started by manny, 06.11.2014 20:34:45

Previous topic - Next topic

manny

Hi,
I would like to remove this section from the results page. ("Search Only In")

When viewing the edit screen for Standard search form Layout v2.5, I can see that I should edit the default.php script.

Is this the correct script? /components/com_jdownloads/views/search/tmpl/default.php

If so, which part should be removed?

Many thanks :)
  •  

Arno

Hi,
you should not change the source code as it will get overwritten in the next update  There could also be unexpected side effects..
You can use a trick:
- create a new menu item and select the jD search function as type
- go to the options tab and deactivate the 'search only in' option
See the first three pics...

When you will not have a extra public menu item for it, do the same as above but:
- create a new menu with name 'Hidden'
- select a new module for it (menu module)
- make sure that you have selected 'no pages' (see the 2 pics at the end) in the module settings
- create a new menu item for this hidden menu and select the jD search function as type
- go to the options tab and deactivate the 'search only in' option
as result have you a not visible menu item but the settings are used !!
;)

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

manny

Thanks so much for that - it's exactly what I needed!

...and thank you for taking the time to explain so thoroughly. (Pictures are always a great help.)

All the best.
  •