News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

search result when Activate direct-downloading is enable - [Fixed in 3.2.5]

Started by Olivier, 12.05.2014 20:39:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivier

Hi,

when you click on links given by a search results :

- if Activate direct-downloading is disable ---> no issue

- if Activate direct-downloading is enable ---> the link goes to the categories list instead of starting the download

if you look into models/search.php : line 465

if ($jlistConfig['view.detailsite']){
                           $list[$key]->href = JDownloadsHelperRoute::getDownloadRoute($item->slug, $item->catslug, $item->language);
                       } else {
                           $list[$key]->href = JDownloadsHelperRoute::getCategoryRoute($item->catslug);
                       }    

the link is set depending of the direct-download setting, but does 2 differences behaviors.

The right behavior is that what ever the setting, if you click on the link , it should link to the file

Regards
  •  

Arno

Hi,
sorry but i understand not exactly what you mean.
The 'direct-downloading' option has nothing to do with the 'view.detailsite' option.  ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Olivier

ok, forget the code and just do the test ,with the option enable and disable

Regards
  •  

Arno

Okay, i have tested it and both created links are the same. What seems for me to be correct.
So what should be here wrong?

The direct-downloading option can here not really be used.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Olivier

ok, I made a confusion please check this issue with Configuration/Front-end/View Download detail page? enable or disable.

when you click on links given by a search :

- if View Download detail page is enable ---> no issue

- if View Download detail page is disable ---> the link goes to the categories list instead of starting the download ( or displaying the the detail page )

This behavior did not exist with jd 1.9

Regards
  •  

Arno

Quote- if View Download detail page is disable ---> the link goes to the categories list instead of starting the download ( or displaying the the detail page )
Please note, that in the search results are listed only small data snippets from the Downloads.
An Example:
- it is possible that you get as search result a list from 30 Downloads.
- what will you now do to get your searched Download?
- you download ALL listed downloads (via direct download link)
or
- you click on a result to get more informations about it - and download it first, when you have found what you have searched?

I agree that the links in the search results are not ideal, when a user has deactivated the details page. But what is the best solution in this case?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Olivier

Hi,

I think that the user experience must be considered at top priority.

whatever the View Download detail page setting, a click to the link must drive to the file detail page.

so :
                      if ($jlistConfig['view.detailsite']){
                            $list[$key]->href = JDownloadsHelperRoute::getDownloadRoute($item->slug, $item->catslug, $item->language);
                        } else {
                            $list[$key]->href = JDownloadsHelperRoute::getCategoryRoute($item->catslug);
                        }   

should be change to :

Regards

•  

Arno

Of course, this can we do. ;)
I had understand that you preferred the direct link option.  ;D
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •