News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Fatal error 'Using $this' at final Download click in Joomla 3.3.0 [fixed in 3.2.

Started by pvdb, 08.05.2014 20:41:54

Previous topic - Next topic

pvdb

1. Joomla 3.3.0 (stable) installed, jDownloads 3.2.3 beta installed (and some more)
2. Some categories and files defined in Jdownloads
3. Test in frontend: everything is working fine, .... except downloading the file!

I get a fat error when clicking on the Download button:

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in ../libraries/joomla/mail/mail.php on line 478

What's going wrong? What do I have to do? Is this jDownloads version really compatible with Joomla 3.3.0?

•  

Arno

Hi,
have you activated the 'send mail after download' option in jD configuration?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Yes jDownloads 3.2.3 beta runs OK with Joomla 3.3  I have no problem with downloads with default configuration.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

pvdb:
Please copy the unzipped file (below) to this joomla folder: JOOMLA_ROOT/components/com_jdownloads/helpers and overwrite the original file.
Try it then again and post here your result. Please use the same jD settings as early used above.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

pvdb

Quote from: Arno on 09.05.2014 12:06:29
Hi,
have you activated the 'send mail after download' option in jD configuration?

I've discovered the problem. It's quite trivial and stupid ....  You can't use apostrophes ' ' in a file description !!! After editing the download title it worked well .......

•  

Arno

Quote from: pvdb on 09.05.2014 18:08:48
I've discovered the problem. It's quite trivial and stupid ....  You can't use apostrophes ' ' in a file description !!! After editing the download title it worked well .......
Please, i need this informations:
- Had you used the e-mail optiom: yes/no
- had you used a sinngle quote in the title or in the description?
- when you deactivate the e-mail option: works it in this case also with single quotes?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

I must confirm a bug in the send email function (after download or upload a file).
Will be fixed later today in next beta release.

When anybody need a faster solution, he can use this fix:
http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=6909.msg26803#msg26803
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

pvdb

Quote from: Arno on 09.05.2014 19:22:22
Please, i need this informations:
- Had you used the e-mail optiom: yes/no
- had you used a sinngle quote in the title or in the description?
- when you deactivate the e-mail option: works it in this case also with single quotes?

1. E-mail option was first set to Yes and later to No.
2. I used a two single quotes, as in 'Album booklet'
3. The effect was in both e-mail settings the same.

•  

Arno

Thanks for the info.
I have it tested in the meantime and must agree this two bugs (send email + single quotes problem).
Both are fixed in the beta update later today.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •