News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Joomla 2.5 vs 3.0

Started by amhsammy, 05.08.2013 05:44:32

Previous topic - Next topic

amhsammy

Hi! I was wondering if someone could tell me if Joomla 3.0 or 3.1 is more stable than 2.5... And, will Google put that warning on my Google listing saying "this site may be compromised..." like it did when I was upgrading to from 1.7 to 2.5? If so, when will Google consider my site outdated??  ???

Thanks!
amhsammy
a-m-h.com
  •  

capone

From my understanding of Joomla 3.1, it's stable and has more power built into it. I haven't made the switch yet, and was wondering if there was a less painful way to update versions! That's the main reason I kept putting off the 2.5 update...but eventually had to get it done...kind of like pulling teeth!
  •  

wirlessone

I found this in the Joomla 3 FAQs. Hopefully this helps you with your questions.

As far as which is better, I can't say from a Performance or SEO stand point, but 3.0 does offer a lot more
control on how your information is presented to Google, and obviously the fact that it's now Responsive!

If you have further questions, you can contact me through wirelessdefensivedriving.com

Good luck guys!
David
  •  

randomk

The biggest change with 3.x is the built in support for Bootstrap and LESS. If you aren't building a responsive site, don't have complex CSS that you could clean up with LESS, or don't want to use the Bootstrap CSS classes then those aren't going to be huge selling points. The main plus with 2.5 is that there are more extensions that support it and those extensions have been around long enough to see a lot of testing. That said, with official support (EG: security updates) for Joomla 2.5 ending December of 2014 it might be easier to just build with 3.x to avoid having to migrate all your code at that point. Honestly, Bootstrap seemed silly to me at first but I've really saved a lot of time now that I know a little bit about its responsive classes.
  •