News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Add image to Smart Search results

Started by jamurpf, 17.05.2023 17:22:51

Previous topic - Next topic

jamurpf

Hello!
I really need guidance on how to place a product image in the JDownloads search results. I know that JDownloads doesn't have a layout for this. I also know that it is necessary to edit the php, but I would like someone to help by showing some code in relation to this. I believe that more users would like to have this possibility.
Thanks for the feedback.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Could you please advise your version of Joomla and version of jDownloads

The file in a Download may be an image but I do not think that is what you are asking!!.

Is it that you would like the results of say Smart Search to show an image as well as the name of the file/

Perhaps you could explain a little more as I am not clear what you wish to achieve
Colin
Colin M
  •  

jamurpf

Hello Colin,
Joomla version is 4.3.1 and jDownloads 4.0.27.
I would like the smart search results to show an image as well as the file name exactly as you said.
We are trying but the images do not appear in the layout.
I am very grateful for your attention.
  •  

alainp

Hi,

I'm using Joomla 5.0.1 and jDownloads 4.0.39.

I'd like to do the same thing: I'd like the results of the smart search to show an image as well as the file name.

Have you found a solution?
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
Having an image shown in the Smart Search results sounds a good idea.  It is however a significant item so I will add it to suggestions.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

alainp

Hi, thank you
I am eagerly waiting, hoping that it will be in the novelties of a future update.
  •  

ibrahim

I have been wishing for a long time, and it would be greatly appreciated if JDownloads could display the item image on the smart search. I hope Arno or ColinM can add this feature in the next release, and I hope it happens soon.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Please note that our priority is bug fixing - it will be a pleasure when we can get to enhancements!!!!

Colin
Colin M
  •