News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Where to find older versions?

Started by Boby, 12.04.2023 20:26:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Boby

Hi, I was part of the test team and the current version I do have is the 4.0.15 pre-beta.
Wanted to update to 4.0.24 stable today and got the following error:

danger
A check of the jDownloads database tables revealed differences from the expected data structure. Therefore, the update was cancelled.
Nevertheless, an attempt was made to correct the affected tables. Therefore, you can now try to perform the update again. However, if you receive this message again, check the listed table. Compare the structure with the structure in this file of your old jDownloads 3.9 version: /administrator/components/com_jdownloads/sql/install.mysql.utf8.sql. Use the documentation and/or the jDownloads support forum to solve the problem.

The Table: #__jdownloads_files has an incorrect number of data fields. This means that an update can probably not be carried out without errors.

The question is: Where can I find the versions between 4.0.15 and 4.0.24 to come beyond this error?
Alternatively I'd take the change in the table to do it manually, but I need to know what has changed.

Thanks,
Boby
  •  

Boby

I compared my table structure to the install script - and noticed a field "tags" at the end of my table, which is not part of the install script.
I'll remove the column and will try it again.
  •  

Boby

It worked. Have no idea where the the column came from, but removing it did solve my problem. The column was NULL in any cases anyway.
  •  

Arno

This field was from an older jDownloads series (2.5 or 3.2 ?).

But in the stable update process  should it be correct removed. So in your case I think you had updated it to a prior point with a beta.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •