News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

4.0.24 NOT functional - [Fixed in 4.0.25]

Started by jazzbird, 08.04.2023 23:55:03

Previous topic - Next topic

jazzbird

Hello,

I have just updated to 4.0.24 and it has wrecked my site (again!). jDownloads control panel is messed up - similar to issues I had a few months ago. I want to revert to 4.0.22 but can't find it for download anymore. Help!

Edit: the website seems fine on the frontend (and the downloads still work). But see the screenshot of the backend control panel.
I tried to revert to 4.0.21 beta (the last saved zip file I have that works) but I got the message: "Error! Incorrect version sequence. Cannot upgrade. 4.0.24 to 4.0.21 Beta"
  •  

jazzbird

This is what I get when I enable debugging.
  •  

Arno

When you want to go back to 4.0.21 you will find it attached. The version.
I have today not the time to check your problem. But nobody else has it reported at the moment. But I will check soon what happend here.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I had no trouble with updating to jD4.0.24 - have been using it for testing AOK
Maybe you have a rogue module or plugin left over from an earlier version that is not J4 compliant
It might be helpful if you set up a test site on say XAMPP so you could remove/disable items
Colin
Colin M
  •  

jazzbird

Thanks for your replies. Do you have 4.0.22? That one worked too. Do I need to uninstall 4.0.24 first to downgrade? Will all my data remain?

Colin, we communicated a few months ago about similar issues, and Arno did something to fix an issue with my database. jD has been working fine since... until 4.0.24.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
please use still the version 4.0.24 but install try the attached module version.

I have now checked your error message.
However, I cannot reproduce it. Because even if I have not yet created any downloads, the result of the database query is (as expected) an array() and the error does not occur. In your case, however, the value seems to be an integer. And only then does the error occur.
I can't exactly narrow down the reason for this unexpected return value at the moment. 

However, to avoid the error in the future, I have changed the lines in question.

Edit:
Module updated with the right version!
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

jazzbird

Hi Arno,

I installed the file you sent. Now the control panel is giving me a different error:

Class "JDownloads\Module\JDownloadsAdminStats\Administrator\Helper\Error" not found

If I click on 'Categories' or 'Downloads' I still get:

An error has occurred.
0 count(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type Countable|array, bool given

As mentioned, 4.0.22 worked fine, so something must have changed between 4.0.22 and 4.0.24!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The only changes in Admin Stats module between 4.0.22 and 4.0.24 are adding checking for errors in Latest, Most Downloaded (also known as Popular) and Featured.
So could I suggest that you access the admin module 'jDownloads Stats for Administrators' and selectively turn of the relevant View tabs to further locate the 'challenge' - please attached pic

Colin
Colin M
  •  

jazzbird

Hmm... I can't seem to find that module. It appears to be missing. I see jDownloads Stats, but not jDownloads Stats for Administrators. I checked in both Site and Administrator modules. Was something missing from the updated file you sent me in your previous message?
  •  

jazzbird

The name of the module appears under "manage extensions", but it's nowhere to be seen under "modules"!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Yes you can find it that way - just easier to use the Administrator Modules entry - see pic
Did you try switching off the various Views?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

jazzbird

Colin,

Like I said, the jDownloads Stats for Administrators module is nowhere to be found. It appears under "manage extensions" but that's it. When I list the administrator modules it is not there at all. So I have no access to it.
  •  

Arno

Strange thing and I am amazed at their  Problems.  ::)
It is an older version which they have only updated. So downloads must already exist in the backend, right?

Would it be possible to access the backend again?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

jazzbird

•  

Arno

Apparently I made a mistake when uploading the modified module above and uploaded the old version again. I am sorry for that.

I'm probably ready for my holidays.

I have now installed the right. But it seems to exist a problem with your jDownloads DB tables! The 'Latest' and 'Top' Downloads values can never be empty in your case.
I will contact you via PM again later or tomorrow.

Edit:
Ii have also updated the file attachment above.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •