News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Permissions not propagating [solved]

Started by ColinM, 10.04.2023 14:55:51

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinM

Permissions not propagating
Using jD 4.0.24 but think this was also the case with earlier versions - so apologies for not reporting earlier. :-[

It seems that UG permissions are not propagating from top level categories to sub-cats and Downloads.

The Global permissions for jDownloads has Public as Allowed.
Pic 'Categories Arrangement.png' shows how the categories are arranged.
pic 'Top Level Category Permissions.png' shows that the top level cat 'Public Downloads' has pubic permission as Allowed
Pic 'sub-cat-permissions, which is a sub cat of 'Public Downloads', has not inherited the relevant permissions.

I belive this is because I uploaded all of the Cats and Downloads  into dir jdownloads and then used 'Check Download Area' to create them.   Also had 'automatically publish newfound items as Yes

However if I create a new sub-cat it does receive the permission from its parent AOK
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi Colin,
didn't you already report it here?
https://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=13922.0

But I could not reproduce the problem. Perhaps I also lacked this information:
QuoteI belive this is because I uploaded all of the Cats and Downloads  into dir jdownloads and then used 'Check Download Area' to create them.   Also had 'automatically publish newfound items as Yes

So I will try it now again in this way.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Arno
Thought I should report again as I was very puzzled why this was happening on my test site but not for you or others.
Then I realised the pocedure I use for a new XAMMP site to populate would probably not be used by other people.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

I have now tried your scenario with a new (but not empty) version 4.0.25 installation.

- I created 3 new folders
- I have copied 3 files in the level 3 category
- started scan process default settings (but access = registered)
- the result was correct (all levels and and also the Downloads have a public download permission (as expected).

But I will try it later another time on a server installation.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Arno
yes it now seems AOk
Used a completely new Joomla! 4 and jD4.0.25

The only challenge is that when running Check Download Area and there is somthing added then the 'Finished! You can now close this window.' does not close!!
I looked ate the generated code and that seems OK
<input type="button" class="btn btn-success btn-block btn-sm" style="max-width:350px;" value="Finished! You can now close this window." onclick="windowClose();">

Colin
Colin M
  •