News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Unable to assign categories to fields?

Started by martinhocampos, 07.02.2023 13:55:45

Previous topic - Next topic

martinhocampos

I never needed additional fields in my jDownloads files; now I needed it and the categories for attribution do not appear. Is it a version problem? Unable to assign fields to specific categories?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Joomla Fields are assigned to Downloads.  But I do not think that these will meet your needs!
Could you perhaps give an example of what extra information you need.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

martinhocampos

Hi Collin!
Well, as I'm working with several jD categories, for different types of documents, I also need to define specific fields for each one of them; I create the Fields (J3.9) and the possibility does not appear to assign to a specific jD Category (as in Articles), always returning "ALL" and not the Categories created in jDownloads.

Thank you!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
jD does not support Categories in Fields but you can use permissions in Field to allow wich user group can edit for example.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

martinhocampos

Oh! I hope that in version 4 they manage to include this demand; for me it's crucial, I can work by omitting the fields in my search system, but ideally it would be functional!
Thank you friend! Success and peace!
  •