News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Unable to assign categories to fields?

Started by martinhocampos, 07.02.2023 13:55:45

Previous topic - Next topic

martinhocampos

I never needed additional fields in my jDownloads files; now I needed it and the categories for attribution do not appear. Is it a version problem? Unable to assign fields to specific categories?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Joomla Fields are assigned to Downloads.  But I do not think that these will meet your needs!
Could you perhaps give an example of what extra information you need.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

martinhocampos

Hi Collin!
Well, as I'm working with several jD categories, for different types of documents, I also need to define specific fields for each one of them; I create the Fields (J3.9) and the possibility does not appear to assign to a specific jD Category (as in Articles), always returning "ALL" and not the Categories created in jDownloads.

Thank you!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
jD does not support Categories in Fields but you can use permissions in Field to allow wich user group can edit for example.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

martinhocampos

Oh! I hope that in version 4 they manage to include this demand; for me it's crucial, I can work by omitting the fields in my search system, but ideally it would be functional!
Thank you friend! Success and peace!
  •