News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Upgrade: the URL has changed - [Solved]

Started by borja, 28.12.2022 22:06:17

Previous topic - Next topic

borja

Hello
I use you r component since 2009. I think that i chose it properly between the options that i saw 14 years ago. The problem is that i upgrade from 3.2 to 3.9 and the url has changed.

i´ve got about 500 files and mor that 100 hundreds categries published at this moment. the problem is that link of the files changes:
the new link has the following type:
display-all-downlloads?task=download.send&id=1123&catid=64&m=0

and the old one has the following type:

component/jdownloads/send/180-alabanzas/1237-maria

what can i do to have this type of link in the new version of jdownload?  i don't want to change the url format in all the documents were the jdownloads documents anre linked.

Best regards,

Borja
  •  

borja

Now the url has the following type:

web/display-all-downlloads/download/81-aclamacion/849-lio

but in the past was:

web/component/jdownloads/send/81-aclamacion/849-lio

•  

borja

•  

Arno

Quote from: borja on 28.12.2022 22:06:17
Hello
I use you r component since 2009. I think that i chose it properly between the options that i saw 14 years ago. The problem is that i upgrade from 3.2 to 3.9 and the url has changed.

i´ve got about 500 files and mor that 100 hundreds categries published at this moment. the problem is that link of the files changes:
the new link has the following type:

display-all-downlloads?task=download.send&id=1123&catid=64&m=0

and the old one has the following type:
component/jdownloads/send/180-alabanzas/1237-maria

what can i do to have this type of link in the new version of jdownload?  i don't want to change the url format in all the documents were the jdownloads documents anre linked.
Hi Borja,
excuse please the delay but we work all on the new jDownloads 4 version for Joomla 4.  ::)

I think that the main difference is that the in the lirst link  the sef settings are off and by the second link the setting is on.
You have also a typo in the first version (downlloads instead downloads), but this seems to be from the menu item?

Please note that you should always use the same sef/seo settings when you move it to another server.

You can send me a link to the page via PM.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

borja

i think this is the problem:

https://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=12410.msg46371#msg46371

in the past:

component/jdownloads/?task=download.send&id=877&catid=33&m=0&Itemid=435

this type of urls chanes through sef to the format web/component/jdownloads/send/81-aclamacion/849-lio

is it possible now this transformation? or must i wait? sef is not activated for this type of links.
  •  

Arno

No, it has nothing to do with this special new added option (which can be still not be use). Therefore it cannot have brought about this change.
I have already made a proposal to them by PM
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Should be solved now. The user had not used the content plugin here to place the download links in articles. To fix this, these links were corrected with a MySQL query.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •