News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Placeholder file title without html

Started by Tazzios, 27.08.2022 09:57:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazzios

The placeholder {file_title} contains an edit button behind the title. When using the placeholder in pdfviewer placeholder like below
{pdfviewer jdownloadsid={file_id} filename="{file_name}" style="popup" linktext="{file_title}"}
it breaks.(see image)

In my pdfviewer code i already remove the htmlcode directly at the start so i think it has something to do how joomla handles the placeholders.
So if there could be a placeholder in the 'download' and 'download details' layout with only the title text that would be great. ({file_title_text} ?)

more info:
https://github.com/Tazzios/pdfviewer/issues/17

ColinM

Tazzios
The edit icon gets placed there if the usergroup to which the user belongs has the relevant permissions.  The Layout variable {file_title} only contains the actual title as a link.  If the user does not have permissions to download then the title is plain text.
A typical  link is
http://localhost/jdx38/index.php/list-all-downloads?task=download.send&id=51&catid=28&m=0targe
where id is the entry in the relevant database table. So processing that is not simple

There is a layout variable called {file_name} which does return the name of the file as a text string

See https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/layouts-v3-9/layouts-place-holders
for a list of all placeholder variables available in various layouts.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Tazzios

The 'file name' can be totally different from the 'title' and 'file name' also contains the extension, example: 'dfdf5434.pdf' vs 'Testfile One'.
I tested your suggested {file_title} for non logged-in user it indeed works, but it gets confusing if it works for some users and not for some others.

Looking in the Code:
In content plugin file (/plugins/content/jdownloads.jdownloads.php) there already seems to be an undocumented {file_title_only} but is unclear to me when this is used, editing or even deleting the file did not have any effect.
Digging a bit further I found the related files, To get the tag working at the following views needs the following lines:

/components/com_jdownloads/views/category/tmpl/default.php
newline 1505:
$html_file = str_replace('{file_title_only}',$files[$i]->title, $html_file);   

/components/com_jdownloads/views/downloadS/tmpl/default.php
newline 1130:
$html_file = str_replace('{file_title_only}',$items[$i]->title, $html_file);

/components/com_jdownloads/views/download/tmpl/default.php
newline 448:
$body = str_replace('{file_title_only}', $item->title, $body);

ColinM

Tazzios
The File Title and File Name are totally different in principle.  I would rather not  use other variants of file_title  as really it should be called 'download_title' and this might happen in jD4. 

I strongly believe we should stick with {file_name}.  As you say this does include the extension but I thought you would want to know that it is indeed (well probably) a pdf file as a first level check.

{file_name} works for all users. BUT it is not supported in the MyDowloads view - this is a bug and will be fixed.

Stripping off the extension in your code is surely very easy - :)

Also I would rather not introduce another layout variable, particularly at this time - we have more than enough to do with jD4.
Best wishes
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi,
Quote{file_name} works for all users. BUT it is not supported in the MyDowloads view - this is a bug and will be fixed.
The file name is not displayed here only if the external link option is used. 

I also think it would be easiest if you removed the file type from the file name in your source code. But I have never taken a look at it.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Tazzios

Quote from: Arno on 29.08.2022 14:09:38
Hi,The file name is not displayed here only if the external link option is used. 

I also think it would be easiest if you removed the file type from the file name in your source code. But I have never taken a look at it.
Removing the file type from file name does not give me the file title (plaintext).

{file_title_only} already exist in the content plugin code so i thought just to add the same to the layout code.