News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Missing file icons for new External File Links uploads.

Started by caeru, 26.08.2022 07:29:20

Previous topic - Next topic

caeru

After upgrade to version 3.9.8.4 file icons for new External File Link uploads are missing.

Link for missing icons is http:// ..../jdownloads/fileimages/flat2/, there is no icon file name at the end.

The only way to add a file icon is to manually add it from the backend.
  •  

ColinM

caeru
Thanks for input.  Will look at it.  Which View are you using.  Is the external file on a separate web server or is it say google drive or similar.
Will send you a PM
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I  cannot reproduce! Tried with a much older release jD3.9.8.2   If an icon is not selected jD uses the unknown.png symbol. 
Usually one has to select the icon to be used from the additional data tab as jD does not auto select for external files.

Which version did you update from?

Colin
Colin M
  •  

caeru

Update is from version 3.9.7.2 to 3.9.8.4

QuoteIf an icon is not selected jD uses the unknown.png symbol.
- there is no extension at the end of the link "http:// ..../jdownloads/fileimages/flat2/"

QuoteUsually one has to select the icon to be used from the additional data tab as jD does not auto select for external files.
- I select icon from the additional data tab, but the changes are not remembered after saving. (The are remembered only from backend).

I sent you PM.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Yes I am looking into it.  As far as I can see it occurs when one uses the Add button in Front End to create the Download.  Then it also does not work when trying to add an icon pic when editting in Front End.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi Guys,
I must also confirm this bug. I will fix it in next version.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •