News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Downloaded files log

Started by Meglu, 09.05.2022 00:25:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Meglu

I have a question.
It can be displayed in the log of downloaded files when someone tries to download a file to which have no rights ?
For example, if the user has a link to the file, and try to download it, there is a record in the log that the file has been downloaded.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Not quite sure I understand!

The log file only records what has been downloaded.  If the user has no 'rights' to download then it should not be possible to actually make a downloading.

Are your users allowed to View Downloads that they cannot download?  You can set the Access level so that they cannot even see the Download.

Please let us know
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Meglu

Users can't see downloads in jdowloads extension, but i have Joomla article with names and links to those downloads.
In the article everyone can see them.
If user without permissions tries to open the download link from the article, user can't, but in log there is record for successful download.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
You can control what users can see by setting the view Access Level - but not sure I fully understand :(
Will send you a PM (private Message)

Colin
Colin M
  •