News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

3.9 to 3.2

Started by 614cooker, 23.04.2022 19:56:17

Previous topic - Next topic

614cooker

Hi, So my issue today is starting from scratch with a older joomla which will have 3.2 jdownloads installed. My question is I need to transfer my downloads from 3.9 from a different install of joomla to 3.2 on the new website.

The reason behind this is my users are complaining because I upgraded joomla from 3.4 to 3.10 which I did not know would have so many issues for people using older browsers. Since my website is based on flight sim 98 to the latest msfs users of windows 7 and older are having issues accessing the website. Its not a jdownloads issue but to downgrade my website to a template which will work for older systems I will also need to downgrade jdownloads.

So my plan is installing a fresh install with joomla and 3.2 jdownloads and then transfer everything else. I have done this before so i know it is possible to go back to 3.2 I just cant remember how I do it. I do remember following a tutorial on jdownloads.com but I just cant seem to find it now.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
You need a different solution as with jD 3.9 there is no way back to jd3,2 - thats why the article was removed!
I presume you have FTP access to the site with the Downloads.  So one way is to download with FTP all the directories and folders from the joomla root folder to a suitable disk on your system - I use a Bipra portable disk with 500GB capacity (they are low cost and fast!!). If you need any images then get those from images/jdownloads.  Also export a copy of your whole database using phpMyadmin etc facilities

Presume you do not have an Akeeba backup due to size - I use one but exclude the files. then use ftp to save a copy of the files.

Please advise if I can help more

Colin
Colin M
  •  

614cooker

Ok so another words I have to transfer all 8700 files and add them one by one to jdownloads 3.2 This is going to take some time.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
v3.2 has auto monitoring
See https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-jd3-2/general-items-v3-2/using-automonitoring-for-bulk-download-creation
Just do not try to do too many at once  - see the note at the end of the article. It is the database  entries that count so a Category counts nearly as much as a Download.  The file size is not significant in the 'recreation'.

One has to recreate from the top level categories and their subcategories with their downloads reloaded as approprtiate.  Also do some spot tests periodically

Yes it will take some time, and careful note taking of where one is!!
Colin
Colin M
  •