News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

jdownloads for joomla4 and php8

Started by itdept123, 14.02.2022 05:51:02

Previous topic - Next topic

jazzbird

Hi Arno,

Thanks for your response. This helps me to better understand the frustrations at the evolution of Joomla from the developer's perspective. This obsession with constant change in our society is not always for the good.

When I mentioned February, I was referring to one of the responses at the beginning of this thread.

In any case, thanks for your work. I hope we can see its fruit soon!
  •  

Arno

Hi Jazzbird,
I have now published a pre-beta in our forum area for the test team.
I have assigned you to the test team so that you can access it.

Have fun testing. Please report bugs in the corresponding Bugs! board. Thank you.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

jazzbird

Hi Arno,

Great, thanks!

What is the best installation procedure? I have the previous version of jDownloads on a newly upgraded Joomla 4 site. Can I just install the beta version over the previous version? Will it still access all of my previous downloadable files? Or do I need to first uninstall the current version and install the new version from scratch?

Andre
  •  

Arno

Hi Andre,
please watch the update video tutorial. You can find it right under the download link for the test version in the Testteam forum.
No prior uninstallation is necessary. Simply install if Joomla 4 is already running successfully.
And yes, all prior data exist still.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

jazzbird

Ok, thanks. My first attempt at installing failed. See the Bugs! thread.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Please see
https://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=13728.msg48698#msg48698
This has a pre-beta test - it is not suitable for production yet as there are several challenges.
If you want to join the testing group then please send a PM to Arno requesting access.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

jazzbird

Yes, thanks. I've already joined the testing team and am reporting on that thread!
  •