News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

jdownloads for joomla4 and php8

Started by itdept123, 14.02.2022 05:51:02

Previous topic - Next topic

itdept123

when jdownloads version compatible with joomla4 and php8 is supposed to be released?
  •  

ColinM

hi
We are currently working on jD for Joomla 4. We are not yet able to set a time table.  Basically 'as soon as possible'

When we reach the test ing stage would you like to assist?  If so please send me a PM (Private Message)

also working on PHP8  - this is proving a little troublesome due to the depecations in PHP8 if you set error reporting high
Colin M
  •  

rockbaer2007

Hi Colin,

what is the state of jdownloads for Joomla4?
  •  

Arno

Hi,
we are close to a first beta. I hope in ca. two weeks.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

rockbaer2007

•  

loft33

•  

ColinM

Hi
Alpha release looking good but a few persistent bugs - still very busy working
Colin
Colin M
  •  

crazy-to-bike

Hi,

can you say something about the upgrade procedure of jD from Joomla 3.10.x to 4?

Is it necessairy to do anything in Joomla 3.10 before the upgrade, e.g. install a migration component or the new Version of jD in 3.10, do a backup of jD or the like and upgrade afterwards to 4?
Or do I only have to uninstall jD in Joomla 3.10 and reinstall the new version after the upgrade?

It depends from the upgrade procedure of jD if it is possible to upgrade by now and get jD and it's content back later, or if its necessary to wait until jD for Joomla 4 is published.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Please stay with Joomla 3.10 at the moment
We are at the Alpha test stage with jD 4 on Joomla 4
Have not yet properly tested the upgrade from jD3.9 to jD4 on Joomla 3.10 but clearly we will work out an upgrade method during bea tests.
Anticipate it will also need PHP8.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Gratia-Mira

Hi,

I have to update two websites to Joomla 4 by the end of the month. The reason is that my templates are not PHP 8 capable. Therefore, I am in the process of creating a new template. Two questions:

Is JDowonloads for Joomla 4 ready by then?
Could one have JDownloads in the current Joomla 4 version already to finish the template?

Thank you for the good extension, which I have used with pleasure until now.

Bis Ende Monat muss ich zwei Webseiten nach Joomla 4 updaten. Der Grund ist, dass meine Templates nicht PHP 8 fähig sind. Deshalb bin ich dabei, ein neues Template zu erstellen. Zwei Fragen:

Ist JDowonloads für Joomla 4 bis dann fertig?
Könnte man JDownloads in der aktuellen Joomla 4 Version schon haben, um das Template fertigzustellen?

Vielen Dank für die gute Erweiterung, die ich bis jetzt gerne genutzt habe.

Kind regards
Christoph
  •  

Arno

Hallo Christoph,
die Fertigstellung der Version 4 hat sich leider erneut verzögert.
Zwar ist das Backend und die meisten Teile des Frontend einsetzbar, aber der Update Teil muss noch erstellt werden sowie die Unterstützung der Joomla Mehrsprachigkeit.

Solltest du diese nicht benötigen, wäre es eventuell möglich dir eine unfertige Beta Version zur Verfügung zu stellen. Du müsstest dann für dich selber entscheiden ob du erst einmal damit leben kannst. Musst du denn auch ein Update von jDownloads durchführen oder würde eine Neuinstallation unter Joomla 4 ausreichen?

Schreib mich doch mal via PM an.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

alebacci

I use jdownloads in a site with joomla 3. Now I'm doing a new version, not updating, with joomla 4 and new template. The only extension missing is Jdownloads. Can I get a beta version of jdownloads 4? I don't use multilingual.
Thank you
  •  

Arno

Hi alebacci,
please give me still a few days. Then it should be possible.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

jazzbird

I would like to add my voice to those waiting impatiently for the Joomla 4 version. I just migrated my site and JDownloads is the only major extension that still does not work with Joomla 4 and is preventing me from going live with the new site. How much longer must we still wait? You have promised us that it would be "soon" since February!
  •  

Arno

Hi jazzbird,
I understand the impatience and I have had such problems myself in the past. But on the other hand, jDownloads is still an open source project and is only maintained and developed in our spare time. Of course, that limits the possibilities considerably.

For me, Joomla developers also come off far too well as the cause of all the adaptation problems. Due to the many and recurring fundamental changes to the structure of the source code, all extensions now have to be extensively revised for the third time in just a few years.

Nevertheless, I will publish an adapted version again this time, also in order not to disappoint the users who have been using jDownloads for many years.

I don't remember announcing an upcoming (final) version in February. The talk was always about late summer or autumn. We also never mentioned a fixed date for a release.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •