News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Bug in Search Function and PHP 8 - Solved - [Fixed in 3.9.8.3]

Started by belini, 01.02.2022 20:27:05

Previous topic - Next topic

belini

Hi guys, we did a server migration that was previously:
- Debian 3.16.43
- Apache 2
- PHP 5.6.30
- MySQL 5.5.55

For :
- Debian 11
- Nginx 1.21.4
- PHP 8.0.13
- MySQL 8.0.27

In the Joomla migration we kept all components unchanged, using the same version of the original, which was working without problems. So, after the migration, jDownloads was still at version 3.2.69, but we started getting errors when trying to add a new file for download, error like this (the error appeared after clicking save, in the adding files form):

Error:

I did a test migration to version 3.9.8.2, on the test server, which has the same characteristics as the new production server and this problem no longer occurs, it seems that it solved by updating jDownloads.

What happens now is another error that I didn't solve, the problem is with the search, which started to show errors, as soon as I click the search button:

Error:

The strange thing is that the first time I click on a given category, then I click on the search button, the system displays the search form, then I type some text I click search and the error appears. From this point on, the form no longer appears and whenever I click on the search button, the page with an error comes up.

Please, if anyone has any tips, or anything I can do to solve the problem, I would appreciate it.

•  

ColinM

Hi
The first error was something we fixed in jD3.9.8.2

The second one I do not know!!  PHP8 is much more "fussy"
What level of Error reporting have you set in Joomla Globalal Config - Error Reporting?

Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have searched all of the jD 3.9.8.2 source code. Could ntot find any use of mb_strpos

So it might be some other plugin or similar

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi belini,
please try the file below. Copy the attached (unzipped) file via FTP to joomla_root/components/com_jdownloads/helpers and overwrite the old one. Test it then again and post here your result.

QuoteThe strange thing is that the first time I click on a given category, then I click on the search button, the system displays the search form, then I type some text I click search and the error appears. From this point on, the form no longer appears and whenever I click on the search button, the page with an error comes up.
You can start with an empty search form every time you click the "Reset" button.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

belini

Quote from: Arno on 03.02.2022 12:32:09
Hi belini,
please try the file below. Copy the attached (unzipped) file via FTP to joomla_root/components/com_jdownloads/helpers and overwrite the old one. Test it then again and post here your result.
You can start with an empty search form every time you click the "Reset" button.

Hi Arno!

This solution worked perfectly, the search is online again.

Did you make a palliative adjustment for my case only?

I ask because I want to know if I can make jDownlodas updates in the future without losing this bug fix?

Thanks Arno and ColinM for the help
  •  

Arno

Hi belini,
thanks for the posted result.  :)

This bugfix will be a part from the next published version 3.9.8.3. So you will not loose it after an update.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •