News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

How to use two JDownloads on website?

Started by debugger, 08.01.2022 07:24:23

Previous topic - Next topic

debugger

Hi,
I want to use two JD on my website

Now I using that with AUP and I want another JD without AUP(Alta User Point)

I found a way:
I create a new field as points and that conflict by AUP and users can download some file as free  ;)

But I want to use JD for some categories without AUP points

•  

ColinM

Hi
I do not know any way of using the same component twice in te same Joomla!

Think what you are trying to do is to have AUP in some categories and not in some others

Colin
Colin M
  •  

614cooker

The only way your going to be able to have 2 seperate Jdownloads for one website is to setup a second joomla website in a subdomain and have it linked to the main website. The only issue is it would be a real pain as members would have too register twice. The other option is too use a extension that can create multiple websites with the same database but ive never used one so I dont know how you would go about that.

The other option which would make more sense is using a Jdownloads for one download section and a different download extension for another which would allow 2 download sections on the same website.

Finally your last option which would make more sense is using the same jdownloads but have multiple 2 main categories then place a link too the subcategories bypassing the main categories which would look like 2 different download sections.

so link with go to subcat 1 and second link goes to subcat 2.

I hope I have made sense.

Regards Matt.
  •