News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Warning: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect

Started by 614cooker, 02.12.2021 23:42:47

Previous topic - Next topic

614cooker

hello guys, I need some help with a very odd issue that has happened since upgrading to 3.9.8.1. As soon as I upgraded jdownloads from 3.9.8 I have a error on all the image settings in jdownloads options,

Warning: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/images/jdownloads/catimages/) is not within the allowed path(s)
Warning: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/images/jdownloads/fileimages/flat_1/) is not within the allowed path(s):
Warning: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/images/jdownloads/featuredimages/) is not within the allowed path(s):

Now since I run a dedicated server I know the issues have not been due to any server changes or hosting changes as I have not changed anything I have only upgraded jdownloads. So is there anyway I can fix this issue? Any Ideas?

Thanks Matt.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Have you changed or added anything to your .htaccess file?Someone on the web has been promoting image protection
https://electrictoolbox.com/disable-php-apache-htaccess/
User irstt in post
http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=12464.msg46591#msg46591 nad a related problem
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Is this issue solved? A short note would be useful.  ;)

Please note that these two releases are almost the same. The version 3.9.8.1 has only additional Joomla version check to prevent installation at Joomla 4.

So the reason can never be a bug in jDownloads 3.9.8.1.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

614cooker

sorry on the late reply ive been very ill with covid and am just getting back on my feet now. Anyway all I did was install jdownloads update nothing else. I have since looked into my server and no settings have been changed I have only updated php from 7.3 to 7.4 I will look into see if this has anything to do with the issue and report back but apart from that I have not changed any settings.

Could I ask for the jdownloads image folder what are the permissions for the folders and files. if memory serves me right 0755 for files and 0644 for folders but could I just verify this.

Thanks again. Matt.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Pleased to hear you have recovered friom the Covid 19 virus its really nasty!!

You are right it is  0755 for files and 0644 for folders
Colin
Colin M
  •  

614cooker

I wish I could say I am recovered but still very ill with chest infection and sinus infection but i am getting there so thank you colin for your kind words,

for the issue I have been having im guessing when I updated jdownloads it looks like it did not install properly, luckily thanks to your genius on including the uninstall with the ability to keep the files, images and database i uninstalled and then reinstalled jdownloads and hy presto its now working properly. No more Re: Warning: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect.

So you were right not a jdownloads issue but my website not installing the updated version properly.

so Thank you colin,
Kind regards Matt.
  •