News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Search button - Requested Page not Found

Started by mmerrell, 14.06.2021 20:43:21

Previous topic - Next topic

mmerrell

When I click the JDownloads search button I get a 'The requested page can't be found' message.

It also says this at the bottom of the page:

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.

0 mb_strpos(): Argument #3 ($offset) must be contained in argument #1 ($haystack)

Thank you!
  •  

Tazzios

joomla version ?
jdownloads version?
Did it work before?
What did you do/changed?

mmerrell

Apparently the secret was to just reboot the physical server.  After my backup ran last night (server shutsdown during the process), the search button in it works!  I'm sorry I didn't do that sooner.

Joomla 3.9.27 - newish install, not a lot on it, in development on XAMPP
Jdownloads 3.9.7.3 - Fresh Install

Thank you so much for your response!

Merrell

•  

linkedla

Hello,
I have the same problem, it looks like it is a PHP8 problem, I just do not know where to search to try to apply the solution as per the Joomla tracker forum here: https://issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/33113

when I set the site to use PHP8 I get this error at the moment I hit search.

mb_strpos(): Argument #3 ($offset) must be contained in argument #1 ($haystack)

If I put the site back to PHP 7.4 the problem goes away.
Please help.

I have: Joomla! 3.10.6, LAMP,  jDownloads Version 3.9.8.2
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I think this bug has been fixed
See
https://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=12639.msg46990#msg46990

lease advise if it is OK as it is planned to be in jD 3.9.8.3

Colin
Colin M
  •