News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Making changes to localization files

Started by Andrew Harazdovskiy, 29.05.2021 22:35:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Harazdovskiy

Hello again ColinM.
Sorry for the flow of questions.

I took part in the translation of jDownloads into Ukrainian for a bit, but I don't think that this issue is of primary importance to you.
However, I noticed a very important detail for me that I would like to fix on my own. These are basic concepts.

1. Attached 001.png
The word in a red rectangle has an unambiguous translation as "Files".

My opinion - the name of this button - "Download" - is translated into Ukrainian as in Attached 000.png

2. Attached 002.png
    Also want to make order with the front end user interface.

Can I patch the translation files locally and overwrite them on the web server on my own responsibility?
  •  

Andrew Harazdovskiy

I made several dozen translation proposals at https://www.transifex.com.
I plan to continue working.
But I don't hope that anytime soon someone will be busy making changes to the localization files.
Thanks for your reply.
  •  

ColinM

Andrew,
I will ask Arno to join you to the Ukrain Translation team - so you will be able to add correct translations
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Andrew Harazdovskiy

Thanks ColinM.
I work at the link: Attached 000.png
Username: Attached 001 / 002.png
  •  

Arno

Hi Andrew,
I have see that you be already a member from the Ukrainian transifex translation team for jDownloads. See pic.  ;)

When you do not want to translate all files you should at minimum translate ALL terms in the frontend language file. And maybe the content plugin. Thanks.

QuoteCan I patch the translation files locally and overwrite them on the web server on my own responsibility?
Yes.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Andrew Harazdovskiy

Thank you very much for your reply and information.
  •