News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Unable to upgrade from 3.2 to 3.9

Started by aks, 26.05.2021 18:41:16

Previous topic - Next topic

aks

I am unable to upgrade from version 3.2 to 3.9. All I get is an "Extension Update: Custom install routine failure", so I am not sure what the problem is.

I tried copying the files to the tmp directory and installing from there, but it gives the same result.

When I do to  https://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/getting-started-v3-9/upgrading-from-jdownloads-3-2-to-3-9, all I get is a blank page. Can you advise me at all? My Joomla version is 3.9.27. Thanks, Alan
  •  

aks

Oh sorry, I used the trick described in a previous post, "/administrator/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&task=tools.confirmUpdate39" and this seems to have worked.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Glad you sorted it :)

Would be a good idea to update to the latest Joomla! which does not have that problem

Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Whoops
See you are already at latest Joomla!  Thought it had been sorted.

Colin
Colin M
  •