News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

backend settings

Started by 614cooker, 19.03.2021 02:18:50

Previous topic - Next topic

614cooker

On joomla 3.9.24 I upgraded jdownloads from 3.2 to 3.9.7.2 which worked no problem at all. All settings worked, no issues at all.

Then I upgrading joomla to 3.9.25 and started having issues with the backend options So i decided maybe something has changed in joomla so I upgraded jdownloads 3.9.7.2 to 3.9.7.3 and still having the same issues.

for example Global Settings, Add entry to list of Operating Systems -
I tried changing the Operating Systems to -Select-, FSX, FS2004, FS2002, X-Plane, FS2000, FS98, Prepar3D, X-Plane 11, X-Plane 10, X-Plane 9, Other, MSFS then pressed save and the new operating systems I placed in did not change, I have also tried save & Close then went back and it still shows - Select -, See description, MS Windows, Apple macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Linux.

I have also tried changing View Price Field in Downloads List from yes to no then save but again it wont let me it still says yes.

in fact many options are not saving when changed.

anyway I dont suppose there is a fix for this issue.

Regards, Matt.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Yes the latest Joomla caused several problems in different extensions.Arno has sorted out the jDownloads in jD3.9.7.3
Colin
Colin M
  •  

614cooker

Hi Colin,

No the problems started since upgrading Jdownloads to jD3.9.7.3

I did not have any issues with jD3.9.7.2.
  •  

614cooker

also I dont know if you know but when downloading Jdownloads 3.9.7.3 from jdownloads.com it is still providing the Jdownloads 3.9.7.2 zip file. Just thought I would let you know.
  •  

ColinM

Thanks

Will check
Just checked both via Via Home and Downloads on jDownloads.com - they seem AOKAlso the Joomla! Auto method. this was updated on 17th March by Arno

Which way did you download  ?
Colin

Colin M
  •  

614cooker

I downloaded via joomla but I check the website today still providing the 3.9.7.2 could be my browser cache I will check and get back to you. Im still having issues with the back end settings though. and surprisingly since setting up http/2 on my server everything is working on jdownloads now. maybe the fix was clearing the cache on my server after rebooting it or something anyway its working now.

thanks again. I will clear my browser cache and see which version downloads on jdownloads.com and let you know.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I did an istall from web and it was OK at 3.9.7.3  Intersting you needeed to clear the browser cache
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

I cannot confirm any option editing problems with jDownloads 3.9.7.3 and Joomla 3.9.25.
So topic moved to General.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •