News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Download link issue

Started by raunhar, 12.01.2021 10:34:15

Previous topic - Next topic

raunhar

I have added the JDownload Latest Module to the site. There is only one file and I have given it public access, with Form fields: Name & Email

But when I go to the article at frontend, it shows an error: You must provide at least one recipient email address.

The form is also showing with the two fields, and on filling them, again the same error shows up. Also I want just one step. On clicking the PDF icon, the for should show, and on submitting, file should download.
The link is:
https://mchill.in/site/index.php/products/evaporating-units.html

Solved the download link issue, needed the jd menu item List All Categories.
But not yet the part about the email contents!

Colin
  •  

ColinM

HiI have looked at the page you detailed.  It has two EuroAir Brochure lionks but both have the error 'Parent Category not found'The generated code is<a href="/site/index.php/component/jdownloads/category/2-euroair.html?Itemid=437">EuroAir Brochure </a>
Not quite sure what is happening.
Will send you a PM (Private Message)
Colin
Colin M
  •  

raunhar

The pdf is being downloaded, but the email id and Name are showing up on the email that is being recd by the site owner.  The email screen shot is at https://www.dropbox.com/s/ccxr5ridxtjccth/jdownload-name.jpeg?dl=0.
Please suggest how to show the name and email of the downloader.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
It would seem there is a bug in the enquiry form about setting the email of the recipient. 

For logged on users the name and email are set automatically from the log in details.  For Public and Guest they have to supply the info
Colin
Colin M
  •