News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Error 500 after upgrade from 3.2

Started by gpraceman, 08.12.2020 22:19:11

Previous topic - Next topic

gpraceman

I am running into this front end error after upgrading from jD 3.2.

"500 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 17" 

Also, when click on the "Check Download Area" button, I get this error:

Error! Upload root directory  does not exist.
Please create it with an ftp program such as FileZilla and use that to set the directories access right to CHMOD 0755 - otherwise jDownloads will not work. See FAQ for more on setting file access rights.

Yet, when I check the jD path setting in FileZilla, it seems fine and that file path does exist with 0755 permissions.

Joomla 3.9.23
MariaDB version 10.4.12
PHP 7.3.25

I will have to downgrade if I cannot get this issue resolved quickly.
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

gpraceman

I had to rollback to 3.2.69.  I'll consider upgrading at a later date.  I don't have time to futz with it now.
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

gpraceman

•