News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

SQL error 500

Started by handycapp, 07.12.2020 13:02:35

Previous topic - Next topic

handycapp

Hi folks, using Joomla 3.9.23 since November 24 and all working fine including pre existing jDownloads 3.2 install.
However once I upgraded (successfully) from 3.2 to 3.9.7 the pre existing frontend menu item for single category listing has thrown that error 500 which I've seen pop up in the forum today and attach snapshot of the issue. The Status Download Area shows ONLINE.
I then clicked on the Check Download Area button in control panel which indicated a problem with the lack of an Upload directory at root of jdownloads, so I created that on ftp and set 755 but the issue persists.
I suspect it has to do with new directory name requirements.
What is the exact directory structure and folder naming convention in version 3.9?
I've attached snapshot of ftp directory listing for reference.
Cheers
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The directory structure for jD 3.9.7 has not changedHave not seen the Check Download Area message previously - it does indicate that somehow the directory permissions are not correct.
I am used to using FileZilla for FTP and it shows the permissions so that would help.
Do you have a jD List All Categories menu item (it can be a  hidden one) as jD does require that.
Also could you advise which database you are using and its version eg MySql 5.7+ or MariaDB 10.2+Colin

Colin M
  •  

handycapp

Hi Colin, yes I've checked the permissions and even changed to 777 and back again to 555 with the same result.

Do the folder names in the jdownloads directory have to be without spaces?
i.e. does the component's functionality depend on the configured file folders being without spaces?
I've tried renaming my current folders as below to no avail.
Conference Registration to Conference_Registration
Short Circuit Newsletters to Short_Circuit_Newsletters

In the end I had to restore the last good backup before the jdownloads upgrade and everything is back to normal.

It would be good to resolve the issue if possible.

For your reference phpMyadmin shows the following configuration:

Database server
Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
Server type: MariaDB
Server connection: SSL is not being used Documentation
Server version: 10.3.25-MariaDB-log-cll-lve - MariaDB Server
Protocol version: 10
User: cpses_pwyvqymp26@localhost
Server charset: cp1252 West European (latin1)

Web server
cpsrvd 11.86.0.32
Database client version: libmysql - 5.6.43
PHP extension: mysqliDocumentation curlDocumentation mbstringDocumentation
PHP version: 7.3.6

phpMyAdmin Version information: 4.9.4

•  

Arno

Hi,
it seems that not all parts was really succesful in your upgrade process.  :-\

What I notice:
normally the old folder _uncategorised_files is deleted during the upgrade process. Instead, a new category named Uncategorised is created (along with a new folder with the same name). If there are unauthorized downloads in the old version, they are then moved to the new folder. After the upgrade process is completed, the user is notified of this operation (pic 1). Should also be noted in the installation log.

But I see in your pic that the  Uncategorized folder does not exist! Instead exist the old folder _uncategorised_files.
Please check whether you have a Category like Uncategorised.
Please check also the installation log file (pic 2) and send it me via PM. You can find it in the administrator/logs folder.

Edit:

Okay I see now that you have restored a backup. So this information not more exist. sorry.  ::)

But I will try to find out what could be the reason for your 'uncategorised folder' problem.

QuoteDo the folder names in the jdownloads directory have to be without spaces?
No.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

QuoteDatabase server
Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
Server type: MariaDB
Server connection: SSL is not being used Documentation
Server version: 10.3.25-MariaDB-log-cll-lve - MariaDB Server
Protocol version: 10
User: cpses_pwyvqymp26@localhost
Server charset: cp1252 West European (latin1)

Web server
cpsrvd 11.86.0.32
Database client version: libmysql - 5.6.43
PHP extension: mysqliDocumentation curlDocumentation mbstringDocumentation
PHP version: 7.3.6

I am amazed at the uses database version from your Web server. This version is below the requirements. So an upgrade should not start at all.

Could it be that you have changed the jdownloads.xml file of the new version?

This should be stored in the original file:
<minimum_databases>mysql=5.7 mariadb=10.2 postgresql=9.6</minimum_databases>
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •