News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Error after upgrade to 3.9

Started by Anthony van Houts, 09.11.2020 15:16:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony van Houts

After the upgrade to version 3.9 the frontend doesn't work anymore.
As soon as "downloads" need to be presented following error is shown:
"500 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 17".

A list of categories still works fine.

During the upgrade the procedure complained about the categor "uncategorised" and the downloads in that category vanished after the upgrade, in the backend. But I can live with that; and I don't know whether it's related to the occurring error.

Any ideas to solve this?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
A few things come to mind.Do you have a top level category called Uncategorised  If not please create on in the back end.
Also see what other top level categories yo may have and look for anything 'unusual'
In the Options - Frontend tab try setting 'Display Category list box in Header' to No.
I will also send you a PM
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Anthony van Houts

Hi,

Your tips worked.
All downloads are shown again in the list. Thanks.
But now I've got "next problem": in case I try a download, I get following error:

"Deze pagina werkt nietwww.insight2act.net kan dit verzoek momenteel niet verwerken.
HTTP ERROR 500"

Kind regards,
Anthony
  •  

ColinM

Anthony
Is www.insight2act.net
Your network?Will send you a PMColin
Colin M
  •  

Tazzios

Quote from: ColinM on 09.11.2020 16:39:26
Hi
A few things come to mind.Do you have a top level category called Uncategorised  If not please create on in the back end.
Also see what other top level categories yo may have and look for anything 'unusual'
In the Options - Frontend tab try setting 'Display Category list box in Header' to No.
I will also send you a PM
Colin
I had the same error the category existed but was disabled after enabling (with phpmyadmin) it worked.

ColinM

Tazzios
That is very interesting.  Are you saying it could not be enabled in jD?  But you had to enable in the database.Colin
Colin M
  •  

Tazzios

I did an restore of the site the reproduce the error.
When i try the enable it in the category list view i get the following
"Waarschuwing
Categorieën map niet gevonden zodat het niet mogelijk is deze categorie: 9 te publiceren."
And is stays disable.

But when i open the edit page and set in on enabled there it works fine.
I tested it with other folders and same thing happens.

So i think this is an other bug that you cannot enable folders from the list view, disabling works fine so i think the 'does the folder exist check'goes wrong.

Arno

QuoteWhen i try the enable it in the category list view i get the following
"Waarschuwing
Categorieën map niet gevonden zodat het niet mogelijk is deze categorie: 9 te publiceren."
And is stays disable.
This is correct, because the system first checks whether the corresponding category folder exists. In your case it does not seem to exist.
You can easy check this with a monitoring scan.

QuoteSo i think this is an other bug that you cannot enable folders from the list view, disabling works fine so i think the 'does the folder exist check'goes wrong.
We don't have anyone else who has had problems with it in recent years. So it would really surprise me. But I will check it again.
Could you please post here a pic from your folder settings? See pic.

Edit:
Quote"500 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 17".
Have you tried to activate the Joomla debug option to get maybe a more detailed error message? Important is here in which file is meaned here the line 17..
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Tazzios

My settings are:
yes no no yes no no no

If i create an new folder and delete it i do not get the error. Currently i have only a production so i cannot delete more folders. ;)

If there are others with this problem the workaround is easy go to the edit page. So it is not a big issue, if it exist at all at other people.

Arno

Hi,
thanks for the reply. I will try to reproduce it here. Use you non-latin (ASCII-7) characters for your category titles?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Hi,
please could you send me the result?

Quote"500 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 17".
Have you tried to activate the Joomla debug option to get maybe a more detailed error message? Important is here in which file is meaned here the line 17..
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

pat

Hi.  I've been encountering the same problems.

1) Uncategorised category doesn't get created properly during the upgrade.  If I go into the categories section of the control panel and edit the Uncategorised category, change the status to publish and save the entry, then it works properly.  By the way, I encounter a similar problem with any new category that I create from the control panel.  The same work around works for the new categories that I create.

2) Front end SQL error after the upgrade when going into jDownloads.  Being as I have a test instance on my server, I was able to set the debug on and get the debug information.  By the way, I did the set the 'Display Category list box in Header' to No workaround suggested earlier in the discussion and it got rid of the front end error. 
  •  

jenpig

I'm having the same error 500 issue after upgrading and the upgrade couldn't create the uncategorised folder. I have tried publishing the un categorised folder in the list view but I'm still getting the same sql error.
  •  

Arno

@ pat:
excuse me I had not seen your posting before.  :-[

@ jenpig:
I will check what happens here. Give me a few hours.

It seems that this problem occurs only with very few users.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

Should now be solved finally with jDownloads 3.9.7.3.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •