News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Subcategories Not Displaying on Fresh Install

Started by wexcide, 31.08.2020 16:34:20

Previous topic - Next topic

wexcide

Having a bit of trouble with jDownloads.

I have the entire system functioning correctly, users can upload to unpublished pool/directory, download, external links to S3, etc. However, subcategories will not display from their categories.

Example

Cat 1 -

--SC 1

--SC 2

--etc

Cat 2 -

--SC 1

--SC 2

--etc

However, when the subcategory is clicked on it just states no downloads are in this category and doesn't list the subcats where the downloads are contained.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  •  

Arno

Hi,
we know about it and work on a solution.
Which sub categories layout is active in your installation?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

wexcide

Thanks for the reply Arno! I have tried both of the default layouts, currently I have "Multi-Column Subcategories Layout" active.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
I have a problem to reproduce your problem here.
I have a new installation use with the default settings.

Maybe I have something wrong?

Please check the pics below.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

wexcide

Interesting, thank you for the reply! I temporarily fixed the issue by moving to the 3.2.x train. I will backup everything and revisit 3.9!
  •  

Arno

Please wait until we have published the 3.2.70 and 3.9.5.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Do you have any Component or module overrides for jDownloads?Component & Module Overrides

You can test to see if you have a component override by looking in folder:  "<your_site>/templates/<template_name>/html",  where template_name is your active frontend template. If there is a folder called jdownloads then you have at least one active override.  For example if you are using the Protostar frontend template, then if you see folder "<your_site>/templates/Protostar/html/jdownloads" you do have an active component override.

Module overrides are similar but here the folders to look for are "<your_site>/templates/<template_name>/html/mod_jdownloads_xxx"  where the xxx is the usual name of one of the jDownload modules.  For example if there is an override for the jDownloads Latest module and you are using Protostar then there would be a directory with the name "<your_site>/templates/Protostar/html/mod_jdownloads_latest".

In summary if there is any folder in "<your_site>/templates/Protostar/html/" with jdownloads in the name then you have an active override.

You can temporarily disable these jD3.2 based overrides by changing the relevant part of the folder name from "jdownloads" to say "jdown".

I will be adding this to the documentation.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

fabioclavijo

Hello, good day, I present the same problem with the subcategories, so that you can see the subcategories, all the subcategories must have an attached file, if any of the subcategories does not have a file or is empty, it does not display any subcategory
  •  

Arno

Hi,
we have fix it. See here:
http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=12100.msg45079#msg45079

The next version with some corrections more will be published very soon.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •