News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Cannot declare class JDHelper, because the name is already in use in

Started by le5, 20.08.2020 10:32:44

Previous topic - Next topic

le5

Just made a installation on my Testserver. Backend works perfect. Added the Default Category View to Frontend and just get following Error:

Fatal error: Cannot declare class JDHelper, because the name is already in use in \httpdocs\components\com_jdownloads\helpers\jdownloads.php on line 29. For Testing I use a Windows Server 2016 with IIS 10.0.14393.0 and PHP (tested 7.1 and 7.3).
But I allways get this error. Any Advice?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Not sure I understand properly!Could you please  explain what you did  with "Added the Default Category View to Frontend" as I do not understand.Normaally I would not expect anything to be 'added' except creating new jD Categories and Downloads

Is this a new install of jD 3.9 or is it an upgrade?Best wishesColin
Colin M
  •  

le5

Dear Colin

• Joomla 3.9.20 existing Site
  • First time installation of jDownload 3.9.2
  • Created a main categorie, with 2 subcategories attached
  • created 1 download and configured it to one of the subcategories
  • added menu "List all Categories (Default)"
till here, everything worked perfectly out. just in the front end, when i click on this new menu item, i get the described error.
thx and best regards - pawel
  •  

Arno

Hi,
very strange! I think not that we can reproduce this error.
But I will try it.
Have you changed any settings in jD? Have you published on this menu page any jD modules? Use you jD plugins?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

le5

Dear Arno

• Thx for your reply.
  • I found the Problem!

• For evaluation I had an other component joomdownloads installed

• The Plugin of this component uses the same namespace

• uninstalled it and your component works beautiful!

• Thx again to both of you, for looking into it.
best regards
pawel
  •  

le5

ps. if you uninstall jdownloads (and keep alle the tables) and reinstall jdownloads you have double layouts (default layouts), which you cant delete. must do it manual in db.
  •  

Arno

Hi Pawel,
many thanks for this information.  ;)

QuoteThe Plugin of this component uses the same namespace
You mean it has also a plugin with jdownloads as name?

Quoteif you uninstall jdownloads (and keep alle the tables) and reinstall jdownloads you have double layouts (default layouts), which you cant delete. must do it manual in db.
Okay. I will add this as bug report.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

le5

no, the component name is joom-download.
But it looks like a plugin uses the same helper class name.
  •