News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Download details not working - SOLVED

Started by droogers, 17.08.2020 11:30:29

Previous topic - Next topic

droogers

Hello,

I am using jdownloads 3.9.1. When I want to see Download details I got the failure:
0 - Call to undefined method JDHelper::existsCustomFieldsTitles()

Does anyone know what is going wrong ?
It doesn't help when I try to use another Layout.
Problem was due to an override which was using jD 3.2 code!!  Colin
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Could you send us details of your site please, would be good to have Super Admin Access.   For security please use a Private Message (click on the whitish square with a tail under my name'. 
Also I will send you a PM
Colin
Colin M
  •  

marck

Hello JDownload-Forum,I have the same problem on 2 website. The problem has existed since the last update. I'm looking forward to your solution ideas.
Many greetings Marco
  •  

ColinM

Marco
I have not been able to reproduce this problem on my test sitesCould you please send me details of how I can see this on your site best by a Private Message please click on the whitish square with a tail near my name
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi,
Quote0 - Call to undefined method JDHelper::existsCustomFieldsTitles()
Please note that this function is not more a part from version 3.9.1. It exist only in the old 3.2.x series.
So I do not understand which extension try to call this function. But of course it can also be a normal bug in jDownloads.

Please try to activate the Joomla debug option and open the same page again. With luck we get a more detailed error information.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

marck

Hi Arno,
many thanks for your response.
If the error message comes, then I don't have a Joomla debugger. It only goes to the side in front of it.
What should I do?
Best wishes
Marck
  •  

droogers

•  

marck

page before with error message above.
  •  

marck

empty page with error message
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Could you tell us if you are using any of the following please
JCommentsCommunity BuilderKomentoAlta User PointsAcymailing
As Arno said the function 'existsCustomFieldsTitles()' is not included in the jD3.9 series.
Because this is only affecting Download Details I believe it is probbly being caused by JComments or Komento as they use Download Details to show their comments.
There are details of how to upgrade those Components in the Third Party Extension section ofhttps://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-v3-9/getting-started-v3-9/upgrading-from-jdownloads-3-2-to-3-9
ColinPS would help if we could access the site please

There are also details in the section "Extending jDownloads with other extensions"https://www.jdownloads.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=35

Colin M
  •  

droogers

Hello Colin,

I don't use JCommentsCommunity BuilderKomentoAlta User PointsAcymailing
I send you a PM a view days ago.
I also installed 3.9.2 but it doesn't help.
  •  

marck

I don't use JCommentsCommunity BuilderKomentoAlta User PointsAcymailing, too.
  •  

ColinM

@droogers Whoops I missed the PM  - apologies. Will work on it
Colin
Colin M
  •  

msauer75

Hi,

I have the same Problem.
What have I to do to solve the problem?

Thanks br Martin
This is solved as problem was caused by an override, which was using jD3.2 code.   jD 3.9.6 will advise if there are overrides present.  ColinM
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Could you advise which version of jD you are now using please.
We will be releasing jD3.9.6 very shortly which solves several problems and includes some 'diagnostic' info

The problem by the originator  of this set of posts has been solved.  One of the reasons was that the site had overrides that were using jD 3.2 code. The other was an extension call jnews.
I will send you a PM (Private Message)

Colin M
  •