News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

A Download can be deleted when still other Downloads use his file!

Started by Arno, 13.06.2020 12:13:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Arno

The bug is in work and should be in beta 7 fixed.
See pic.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Arno
I have re-looked and deleted my previous reply :)

For the extended batch with the 3 copy options I would suggest following

Existing two entry
COM_JDOWNLOADS_BATCH_DOWNLOAD_NOTE="Please note that when you MOVE a Download to another category, any associated file is moved on the server to the new target (categories) folder. When you COPY a Download only the Download is duplicated; no file is duplicated. In order to be safe with the internal operations, ALL other categories are locked during copy or move operations."

Revised
COM_JDOWNLOADS_BATCH_DOWNLOAD_NOTE="Please note that when you MOVE a Download to another category, any associated file is moved on the server to the new target (categories) folder.
There are 3 Copy Options
(i)  'Copy without assigned File' means only the Download is duplicated; no file is duplicated.
(ii) 'Copy With Assigned File' means both the Download and its assigned file are copied.
(iii)'Copy and reference the File from their original Download' means that the file is not copied but a the Download has a reference to the original file."

"Copy without the assigned File(s)" is OK

"Copy with the assigned File(s)" is OK

"Copy and reference the File(s) from their original Download"   is a Change

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggest also changing below to give the concept of "referenced files" meaning referring to the file in another Download.  It will aid documentation.

COM_JDOWNLOADS_USERGROUPS_FILE_FROM_OTHER_DOWNLOAD="Or referenced from another Download."
COM_JDOWNLOADS_USERGROUPS_FILE_FROM_OTHER_DOWNLOAD_DESC3="Allows you to just reference a file in another Download so that the single copy seems to be included in multiple Downloads (for example when using in a multi-language Download situation)."
COM_JDOWNLOADS_BACKEND_FILESLIST_OTHER_DOWNLOADS_FILE_USED="File(s) referenced from this Download:
%s"

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •