News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

modules and searching

Started by 614cooker, 05.02.2020 03:55:09

Previous topic - Next topic

614cooker

Ok so Ive been messing around with Jdownloads for a few months now and ive came out with a nice website which is now being used in 8 months of hard work im receiving about 20 to 30k hits per day So im happy but my website is still using a basic template. So im now looking into modernising my template and have had problems with finding a way to make my latest downloads show horizontally.

So my question is?
Is it possible to make the Jdownloads Latest Module show horizontal instead of vertical and to stay the full length of the screen just originally I was going to place 4 modules vertical side by side but each module was changing size if one picture was slightly bigger in one module then the other and just looked very odd.

or is this the type of module that I would have to setup as 1 download in each module so for example

module 1 with download no 1
module 2 with download no 2
module 3 with download no 3 ect, ect

I hope the way I have wrote my question makes sense  ::)

my second question would be ?
which I think I will know the answer is the search function. Is there a possible way to include the images of the download within the search as im receiving alot of emails about the search. Ive had alook at the documentation for 3.2 jdownloads but even in the documentation the search feature seems to have more to offer then the one on my website.

All words  Any words  Exact Phrase is the only thing in my search. im not able to figure out how to get the Search only in the title, description, changelog, author name, meta-tags

I know im asking alot. The last time I was using a cms was phpnuke 6 so joomla is still new to me and maybe im just missing something.

anyway I hope you can help
thanks
matt
  •  

ColinM

Matt
Will try to help but not sure I understand properly!Q1.  This is a bit of Joomla stuff.  I suspect you have the Latest module in a side bar so it s gets constrained..Do you know how to see which template positions you have?  There are a lot of useful sites if you set a web query like 'Show Joomla! template positions'.You just need to put the module in a position where it is a wde position.
But you could solve this another way by using the jd Content plugin in a regular Joomla! article. Seehttp://www.jdownloads.net/documentation-for-jd3-2/modules-plugins-v3-2/using-the-content-plugin-in-articles-and-moduleswhere you can set up to show the latest downloads.  What you see depends on which jD Files layout you spcify.  It may be that none of the available layouts quite suit.  But I can always help you getting one to suit.
Q2.  The search function is a bit limited at present and it is something we will be working on.  To help when you say "the images of the download" which images do you mean.  Maybe you could do a screen capture to indicate.
Best wishesColin
Colin M
  •