News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Possible to display Inquiry Form without site template?

Started by sixdeuces, 04.12.2019 15:07:13

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdeuces

Hi, first, thanks very much for the great component. 3.9 is looking really solid and fixes a lot of the previous version's issues.

I have successfully set up my downloads to use the Inquiry Form. I'd like to open the form in a modal window, which I can do, but when it loads it's got the site template applied to it, with the full site header, menus, showcase, etc.

Is there a way to simply output the form on its own? I don't mind using a component override if needed. Or, if easier, can I specify which template gets applied? It's weird, as it's applying a template that isn't the default or the template used on the page where the download link is generated.

Thanks very much.
  •  

sixdeuces

For now I was able to get the result I was looking for by amending /controllers/download.php line 572 from
                $survey_url = JRoute::_($root_url.'index.php?option=com_jdownloads&view=survey&id='.$fileid.'&catid='.$catid.'&Itemid='.$itemid);

to

$survey_url = JRoute::_($root_url.'index.php?option=com_jdownloads&view=survey&tmpl=component&id='.$fileid.'&catid='.$catid.'&Itemid='.$itemid);
  •  

Arno

Hi,
sorry for the late reply.
Fine that you have already found a solution.
Please note that this is the first option to use an inquire form and it is planned to add here later a lot more of possibility.
We will publish in the next days also the Beta 5 version and hope that this will be the last beta.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •