News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

jDownloads Search + Search plugin

Started by ciklon, 12.01.2019 19:08:31

Previous topic - Next topic

ciklon

Hi,
Would you add the following functionality to the search in the jDownloads component and the jDownloads search plugin?
  - Search for category names
  - Search the custom fields from 6 to 10

p.s. If you have a solution, I would be grateful to take advantage of it.

Best Regards
  •  

ColinM

Hi
One of the new things with jD3.9 is that it will use Joomla! Fields instead of the jD Custom fields.  But at the moment we do not have an automatic way to switch them.  The new Fields are searchable.Could you let us know how you use jD Custom Fields please.

Searching for Categories could be most useful.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

ciklon

Hi,
I explain with screenshots how I use custom fields

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Hi ciklon,
as Colin already told it is a problem that you use custom fields in jD 3.2. See the hints in the beta test forum! But please test it with your local test site as you have a lot test data. Post your results in the beta forum. Thanks.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •