News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

No Downloads available [SOLVED]

Started by softwareprofi, 19.08.2021 18:08:30

Previous topic - Next topic

softwareprofi

Hi all,

I'am using jdownloads Version 3.9.8.1 with Joomla 3.10. After updating to this level the downloads are never shown. I have 2 categories with 2 downloads in each category. The downloads are external links.

You can see the download catecories here:

https://softwareprofi.de/de/downloads

If you click on the categories no files disappear. A trace perhaps is, that the headline No valid layout found for files! appears.

Can you please help.

Thanks a lot.

After update there was no Download layout set as activeColin
  •  

softwareprofi

Update: That was the error.

There was no layout active. The layout was probably deactivated during the update.

Problem is solved.

Thx
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
Glad you have sorted it out. :) Could you please let me know which particular layout was not set as I would like to track down the cause.  Or was it a Content Plugin item in an article?

Was it an old jD2.5 layout?ColinPS  I have just installed jD3.9.8 into j3.10 as a fresh install.  It showed a fault with the content plugin - showed  a "cannot find the layout fault" .  In Otions - Content Plugin tab - a valid layout was shown as selected.  I just reselected it and it then all worked!  Curious!!!

PPS the version you have is jD3.9.8  - we have not yet released jD3.9.8.1   !!! You might have been
Colin M
  •